Question Samsung capture how to disable

opb666

Mar 4, 2018
Visit site
I have a Samsung GalaxyA32 5G and the samsung capture is driving me crazy.
How do I rip this out by the roots? To me it's useless and annoying.
If I disable it it turns itself back on which pisses me off in the max. When this thing dies I'm going back to Asus.

Thanks in advance.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Are you talking about the toolbar that shows up after a screenshot? If so, depending on your OS version, it's either a single toggle (Smart Capture) in the Advanced Features section of your phone Settings, or in a "Screenshots and Screen Recorder" section in the same place.

If you mean disabling screenshots completely, then that's not possible on stock options (i.e. button combo to screenshot).

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central forums. I'm a bit confused and it sounds like Spook might also have some questions that we really need to address before guessing at what can help. Well to avoid guessing.

When you say capture we're assuming screen capture but do you mean video capture, from the feature in your quick settings menu, a regular screenshot or something else?

When you say you've disabled it but it returns, please explain how you are disabling it, and how you know it returns?

Again we're left to assume, but do you just mean that you're noticing screenshots after you open your device?

I will go out on a limb here with some assumptions based on other questions we've seen about Samsung and screenshots. Samsung has a feature that allows you to take screenshots by swiping your palm across the screen. This can be disabled and unless your device is buggy it is not known to turn itself back on? Is this what you're referring to? The easiest way to find this is to type palm in the search bar of your settings menu. As @SpookDroid mentioned there isn't a way to disable the push button method but if you're sliding it in and out of a pocket and don't have touch sensitivity turned on it is very possible to capture unwanted images.

Outside of this advice we would need more information. Provide some details and we'll provide more help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d