Samsung Clock Alarm

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
When my Google Clock alarm (not Samsung Clock) rings in my Note 9 it pops up so I can dismiss it. There appears to be no pop-up option in s22u so I have to pull down notifications then click on alarm then click on "stop" all while the alarm is blaring and disturbing people.

Is there a way to make it pop up on homescreen and lockscreen so I can dismiss quickly?

I use Google Clock so I can get notifications on my Wear Os watch. Samsung Clock notifications don't go to watch.

Last edited:

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
When my Samsung Clock alarm rings in my Note 9 it pops up so I can dismiss it. There appears to be no pop-up option in s22u so I have to pull down notifications then click on alarm then click on "stop" all while the alarm is blaring and disturbing people.

Is there a way to make it pop up on homescreen and lockscreen so I can dismiss quickly?

Hmmm. Mine pops up full screen on my Ultra.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm. Mine pops up full screen on my Ultra.
I have a new VZW Galaxy S22 Ultra. I could have sworn it used to pop up on mine too but not now. I have to pull down notifications to shut the darn thing off. I wish I could figure out how to make it pop up again.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I have a new VZW Galaxy S22 Ultra. I could have sworn it used to pop up on mine too but not now. I have to pull down notifications to shut the darn thing off. I wish I could figure out how to make it pop up again.

I just looked through the settings of the clock app and didn't see anything about how it pops up. Do you use DND at night? If you do you might need to go into the settings and turn off Hide Full Screen Notifications. I just noticed it's on by default.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
on aod lock screen I have to unlock phone to see full screen pop up to shut off.

Does it show up on your AOD lockscreen?

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
on aod lock screen I have to unlock phone to see full screen pop up to shut off.

Does it show up on your AOD lockscreen?

I only use AOD on tap to show, but give me a sec. I'll set another alarm and tap the screen instead of picking it up.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
So I set another alarm. When I just tapped once to turn on the screen it was just the always on display with no way to turn the alarm off. When I double tapped I got the full screen alarm notification. Do you use/did you check DND settings?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
So I set another alarm. When I just tapped once to turn on the screen it was just the always on display with no way to turn the alarm off. When I double tapped I got the full screen alarm notification. Do you use/did you check DND settings?
I don't know what DND is?

The only way I seem to get full screen google clock notification is to be on AOD and open the phone. Full screen alarm there.

If I am on homescreen with phone already open I don't get a full screen pop-up from Google Clock Alarm.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I don't know what DND is?

The only way I seem to get full screen google clock notification is to be on AOD and open the phone. Full screen alarm there.

If I am on homescreen with phone already open I don't get a full screen pop-up from Google Clock Alarm.

Do not disturb.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Your double tap method works in AOD.

Now how do I get full screen clock alarm on home screen when phone is already open?

I get this with screen on from Google Clock. Pill shaped alert at top of screen. Just stays on for a few seconds though. The second one is Samsung Clock with notification that stays on much longer.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220312-174804_One UI Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20220312-174804_One UI Home.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_20220312-174904_One UI Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20220312-174904_One UI Home.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 13

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Yes that IS the problem!
On my Note 9 I got a full sized alert instead of that little one

I have to use Google Clock because Samsung Clock does not send notifications to my wear os watch. When I am wearing the watch I shut off google clock alarms from watch but when watching TV with phone in hand it is a pita to only have that tiny alert for a second. The noise continues but no easy way to shut it off.

Strangley, two taps from AOD gives the full sized alert from Google Clock that I want!

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Yes that IS the problem!
On my Note 9 I got a full sized alert instead of that little one

I have to use Google Clock because Samsung Clock does not send notifications to my wear os watch. When I am wearing the watch I shut off google clock alarms from watch but when watching TV with phone in hand it is a pita to only have that tiny alert for a second. The noise continues but no easy way to shut it off.

Strangley, two taps from AOD gives the full sized alert from Google Clock that I want!

Do you have Good Lock? There may be something in NotiStar to change how the notification is handled.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I have Good Lock but Notistar doesn't change anything. It is shut off anyway.

You seem to have the exact same problem with Google Clock. If you can solve it that will fix it for me too!

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I have Good Lock but Notistar doesn't change anything. It is shut off anyway.

You seem to have the exact same problem with Google Clock. If you can solve it that will fix it for me too!

I don't actually use Google Clock regularly. I was just trying it out to help you.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I don't actually use Google Clock regularly. I was just trying it out to help you.
Oh I know and I appreciate it.

I am hoping someone else might spot it who has solved the problem or that you might some day when bored out of your mine. LOL

THANKS!

I did find I could get a box instead of a pill if I shut off "short notifications" under edge alerts (you know when the entire periphery of the edge lights up with a notification)

To get edge to light up you must turn on brief alert instead of long alert but brief alert causes the AOD and Homescreen issues.

So I have solved it... sort of but I have to shut off edge alert for the clock. I would prefer not to.