Samsung Contacts App not syncing...

jssmarathon

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Recent update broke Sync with Samsung Contacts when using and exchange email account with Aquamail.
Contacts version 12.7.5.8 only syncs 231 of 1433 contacts.

Meanwhile account from an Outlook email works fine.
Aquamail has responded and has no idea
Have Cleared contacts cache and data and tried resynching so many times to no avail and even reset phone.

Others have this issue as well and have posted to Samsung groups but samsung has not responded..

Any way to revert to prior contacts version? I tried but will not install earlier version?

I think there is a 12.7.5.10 but my phone wont install it either. Tried to set install unknown apps but no help.

Any help appreciated

jssmarathon

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
the problem is that the Android contacts program cannot see the contacts and create a list, although they seem to be there in a hidden or somehow masked manner.

This occurred last week when there was both an update to aquamail, as well as a software update for android, and I think possibly an update on the android contact app

the contact app works fine with my Outlook.com account but not with my business
hosted exchange account using aquamail. That hosted exchange account only shows 231 of 1433 contacts no matter how many times I clear and resync

I wish there was a way to either downgrade to an earlier version of contacts which I was able to download from the Internet or even force a reinstall of the contacts program but because it is a Samsung system app, I don't think there is a way to do it without rooting, any ideas greatly appreciated Samsung doesn't seem to care even though other people have this problem

Capture.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aitana135332