Samsung Galaxy A51 doesn't respond to some USB-C cables

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have bought my Samsung Galaxy A51 in June. Pretty early on, after I bought it, I tried, using a USB-C cable (not the one that came with the phone), to attach it to my laptop, but the phone didn't respond. As the phone was new, I assumed that something must be wrong with the cable and bought a new one. The new one worked just fine.

A few days ago, I bought a longer cable and had the same problem. My phone didn't respond. As this wasn't the first time, I asked a couple of friends, if they could try the new cable on their phones - and to everyone's surprise the cable worked just fine.

As both of the cables, that don't work with my phone, work with everyone else's phones, Samsung or else, I conclude that something must be wrong with the USB-C port on my phone.

I am now planning to contact the online store where I bought the phone (and maybe also the manufacturer), but before I do that, I wanted to check if anyone of you ever had similar experiences.

The problem is, of course, that it took me forever to install all of my apps. If I have to send the phone in, I would have to erase everything, and then I might be left without a phone for weeks. I live in Germany, and customer service is usually not as great as in some other countries. I don't think that they will just take this one back and immediately send me a new one.

Any suggestions? Is there any chance that some USB-C plugs or cables are different than others? Or do those of you, who are technical experts, also withdraw from the information above that my the problem is my phone and not the two cables?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hellofello