Samsung Galaxy Note 3 the almighty One.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Even though I wasn't part of the early adaptors party, I can say the Galaxy Note3 is the BEST smartphone I have owned. I guess I was brainwashed into beliveing a smaller screen was the way to go. The S-Pen, battery life and Wifi are amazing. I'm still learning ALL the stuff this BEAST of a smartphone can do. At first I wasn't aware of how handy or how much the S-Pen would come in to play, the battery life with such a large screen is excellent, I easily get a day and half of battery usage, not to mention being able to switch batteries when needed. I have no problems with my Verizon Note3's WiFi at home, at the office or at the VA (terrible connection with previous devices). Just for "GP" (general purposes), I've tried different WiFi connections at several other locations and was always able to connect with no problems. I have a SanDisk Ultra 64gb installed in my Note3 and everything works great with JellyBean (Verizon hasn't released KitKat yet), but I'm concerned what effect the Kitkat update might do to my extremely smooth and great working Note3. All and all...The Galaxy Note3 is an AWESOME device.

IMHO, screen size is the most underrated issue. When those itty-bitty iphones came out and were causing such a stir, I'm looking at the ads and thinking, "Seriously...you think I want to edit documents and surf the net on THAT screen?" Now that screen sizes have gotten bigger, suddenly all the promises of "computers in your hands" are being finally realized. I'm ok with the 5.0 S4, but I will likely upgrade to a Note 4. I don't think it's "too big," and at a certain point it means no longer needing to pull out a laptop or a tablet. I'll take one or the other with me on long trips, but a phablet is a great convergence device.

Rakesh Singh4

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
I have been facing lot of problems with (Original S view cover not working, battery drains out very fast, phone blacks out while unlocking etc.etc.) my note 3 after the 4.4.2 update, I installed it myself 1st through the push notificatin and then got it done from the Samsung service center but the issue still persists. Today I got a 25mb patch update, I was happy to see it thinking that it will resolve the issue but unfortunately it didn't. Can someone help on how to get these resolved, is Samsung planning any other major update for note 3

Posted via Android Central App

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I have been facing lot of problems with (Original S view cover not working, battery drains out very fast, phone blacks out while unlocking etc.etc.) my note 3 after the 4.4.2 update, I installed it myself 1st through the push notificatin and then got it done from the Samsung service center but the issue still persists. Today I got a 25mb patch update, I was happy to see it thinking that it will resolve the issue but unfortunately it didn't. Can someone help on how to get these resolved, is Samsung planning any other major update for note 3

I'm sorry I can't help you directly.

Stick around here but also try other Note 3 KK related threads and the Android 4.4 forum.
I would like to ask you what region you are in. I am in the UK and had not wanted to update mostly after hearing about screen and freezing issues.

KitKat was finally available to me last night and I had mostly decided I may update when I heard it fixes the public wifi drop out issue.
I was within 5 minutes of reaching a 100% battery charge to plug in to Kies when I fell asleep. I decided to think another day.
People including reviewers believe it will all sort eventually with further patches, you may have read, but I don't like reading further issues like yours. I hope it will be temporary.

"All in the Best Possible Taste" via my Note 3 on AC's app

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
The one main complaint I've had with the Note 3 is its touch sensitivity. I'm not sure if my fingers are either too dry and rough or if it's the Note 3 itself, but I've noticed when I go to launch an app, sometimes it thinks that I'm trying to flip the page and I get sent to the next page of apps. It can be quite frustrating at times. The other issue that's irritated me is the stock keyboard's predictive text/dictionary. For some reason it will try to correct a time entry, 10pm becomes 11pm for instance, or it doesn't like contractions to indicate possession for a proper noun, it'll try to correct "Steve's book" to "Steve ' s book" for some reason.

Biggest gripes aside, I love the power management of this phone. It discharges during regular use like a fat person's metabolism on a fat cell, but then recharges like you're using Zeus' own lightning bolts on it.

Hey PinkMan :)

I haven't had the touch issue but my S-Pen is slightly off. So I saw from @SebasVcdB there is a load of screen tests under *#0*#.
It was in the "Anyway to Calibrate the SPen ?" thread three weeks ago.
I didn't fully understand it though, my S-Pen fails any first touch but was correct on the rest.
There's a 'Touch' test, but I don't know, see if it gives a fail.
I wanted to ask in the thread , but I had my account deactivated on request at the time.

Give it a look if you haven't seen it.

Go to your dialer press *#0*# and do the WACOM test see how much off your pen is there is a SPEN hovering test included too..

Swift Key used to put a space where it shouldn't be but they corrected it following "customer feedback".

Last edited:

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Hey PinkMan :)

I haven't had the touch issue but my S-Pen is slightly off. So I saw from @SebasVcdB there is a load of screen tests under *#0*#.
It was in the "Anyway to Calibrate the SPen ?" thread three weeks ago.
I didn't fully understand it though, my S-Pen fails any first touch but was correct on the rest.
There's a 'Touch' test, but I don't know, see if it gives a fail.
I wanted to ask in the thread , but I had my account deactivated on request at the time.

Give it a look if you haven't seen it.

Swift Key used to put a space where it shouldn't be but they corrected it following "customer feedback".

Who is Pinkman? Did I miss something?!?!?!

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Who is Pinkman? Did I miss something?!?!?!
I first responded to you a few months ago when you joked about the size of the pink phone in your avatar. I think we said it was the future Note 7 or something. It is coloured pink.
I wasn't inferring you were.
Relax.
Take it badly if you want.
Hey or Hi TXGTOU, or @TXGTOU or Mr TXTGOU if we ever cross in future. Alright?

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I first responded to you a few months ago when you joked about the size of the pink phone in your avatar. I think we said it was the future Note 7 or something. It is coloured pink.
I wasn't inferring you were.
Relax.
Take it badly if you want.
Hey or Hi TXGTOU, or @TXGTOU or Mr TXTGOU if we ever cross in future. Alright?

lol, I didn't think it was a manhood dig. I was just wondering where the reference came from. Doesn't help that I've been fighting a nasty upper respiratory infection for the past few weeks either....

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
lol, I didn't think it was a manhood dig. I was just wondering where the reference came from. Doesn't help that I've been fighting a nasty upper respiratory infection for the past few weeks either....
I was in a funny mood earlier today. I don't know why I came up with it. LOL. :)

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Ah. Long chest infection. Off colour. Naw, I couldn't tell. Lol. Get well!

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Don't you know we are all geeeeeks here lol just watch Big Bang Theory and you will get the picture lol

Sent From the one the only the magnificent Note 3.

Definitely and I REALLY need to start watching that show. No 1 rated comedy right now. I don't care what they say. I will wear my "geekiness' as a badge of honor. :cool:

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Definitely and I REALLY need to start watching that show. No 1 rated comedy right now. I don't care what they say. I will wear my "geekiness' as a badge of honor. :cool:

You should watch it from the start. The very first episode has some characters not totally true to later form, but thats just to set it up.

Exchange DVD box sets are very cheap.

Please report when you have finished and you can gain re-entry to AC after a short BigBang exam. :)

Nobody knows how much I don't know. Via my Note 3 on AC.

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
You should watch it from the start. The very first episode has some characters not totally true to later form, but thats just to set it up.

Please report when you have finished and you can gain re-entry to AC after a short BigBang exam. :)

I decided to just go and buy from the Google Play store. I bought the first 5 in the series as I want to make sure I like them ok before I buy more. Yah, starting from season 1. I didn't realize they'd beeen on so long (wow). Where does the time go? lol

HothTron

Banned
Mar 8, 2014
Visit site

Yep, a lot of people have been having this issues, me included and im on my second Note 3. The only way to truly fix it is to exchange the Note 3 with 4.3 android still preloaded and prevent 4.4 from downloading and install. That, or attempt to root it, but good luck with that and KNOX telling you that it will void your warranty and inform your carrier.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I decided to just go and buy from the Google Play store. I bought the first 5 in the series as I want to make sure I like them ok before I buy more. Yah, starting from season 1. I didn't realize they'd beeen on so long (wow). Where does the time go? lol

I know. Seems like only 3 years.
It gets better with new cast I think in Season 2 or 3, especially the 2 other girlfriends are terrific, and great recurring guest appearances. So stick with it.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site

Forgive the diversion, but I can't resist. My fave comedy sitcoms: Fawlty Towers (but that was more like a mini-series), Seinfeld, Frasier, Better Off Ted, Modern Family, Big Bang Theory, D i c k Van **** (holding up surprisingly well!), Arrested Development, The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret, and BBC's Nighty Night. Not exclusively, but I tend to like them with an "edge." Alas, that means a lot of them die way too young.

Last edited:

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Forgive the diversion, but I can't resist. My fave comedy sitcoms: Fawlty Towers (but that was more like a mini-series), Seinfeld and Fraser., Better Off Ted, Modern Family, Big Bang Theory, D i c k Van **** (holding up surprisingly well!), Arrested Development, The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret, and BBC's Nighty Night. Not exclusively, but I tend to like them with an "edge." Alas, that means a lot of them die way too young.

AC nerds TV comedy thread could be on the horizon. Central Lounge maybe.
Nighty Night I hadn't heard. It feels good to own up, doesn't it. :)

Via my Note 3 on AC.