Samsung Galaxy Prime Questions from New User

Kevin Christof

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
So I called my sister phone and put my phone together with hers and put it on speaker and it both started making weird noises when I talked into it why is that? And could you potentially break your phone by doing that or is it fine because I don't want my phone to break thankyou .

So I've been thinking about restricting backround data on my Samsung grand prime but does it mess up anything I heard it saves battery on your phone is that true? Could you guys specify what it does and tell me if it saves battery thankyou and should I turn it on or leave it off

Guys I've been using this sunglasses lens cleaner to clean my phone screen / camera I'm wondering is it safe to use that and am I still able to use it ? It's a sunglasses lens cleaner and it comes with a spray and a cloth and i spray the spray on my phone and camera and wipe it could you guys tell me if its same to use ?

So my Samsung grand prime has been dying quite fast lately I've been using it at 3:04 pm on 97% and by 3:49-3:50pm it was on 91%-90% and I didn't even do much stuff I just went on the Internet and in the setting and on some built in phone apps from my carrier and the battery just goes down could you guys tell me if its going down normal or if its going down to fast thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
No, that's far from bad.

Hi, in your settings menu, under display do you have anything that indicates "sleep" or "display time out" I'm not too familiar with the settings menu of the Prime, but I would imagine it would be in there somewhere.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If the phone's own battery graph doesn't show you the cell signal strength, you could install GSam Battery Monitor, which does.

Is Smart Manager a Samsung preinstalled app? If so, you can't remove it. I don't know much about Knox, so I can't comment on how it affects battery and overall performance. If Lookout was preinstalled, you also won't be able to uninstall this app either--but Lookout has a free version and a paid version, and there's generally no need to get the paid version. The free version has basic antivirus scanning abilities and a couple of other features. On my wife's Note5, I have it set only to scan apps when they're installed, but turn off the scheduled scans (since I feel that scheduled scans don't add anything to your security).

Here's info on Smart Manager: What is the Smart Manager application on my Samsung Galaxy S6, and how do I use it?. It looks like it still has some useful functions (like giving you easy access to power saving modes and freeing up storage space). The "Manage RAM" part will be like Clean Master, and should be avoided.

If it can be disabled, you'd have to go to the App Manager, select Smart Manager, and look for the Disable button. If a Disable button isn't available, then the app can't be disabled--this can be the case for certain preinstalled apps.

Last edited:

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: How do you disable Smart Manager

Hi, I'm not sure you can uninstall it - if you go into apps, then locate Smart Manager can you disable it, this should remove the app from your app drawer.

Kevin Christof

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
It's grand prime

This is all I got

And how would I know my screen is sleeping

So 5 + hours is great for screen time but 4 or lower is worse right

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 174.jpg
    174.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 26

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: Is the percentage of my screen on time bad or is there good [picture]

I wouldn't say it's worse - it all depends on the users settings. I typically get about 3 hours SOT but I have my brightness pretty high.

Kevin Christof

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Oh so it's still good

Does that mean after 3 hours of screen on time ur phone dies

Wait so which is the screen going to sleep like how long does it take for the WiFi to turn off when it's in sleep mode because I went to wifi and turned off wifi when my phone falls asleep so does that mean after 15 seconds my phone falls asleep?

Wait so B.Diddy I should avoid smart manager right and all other cleaners and let my phone function correctly or should I use it?

And You are unable to disable smart manager that's why I'm trying to know how to stop it

You are only able to clear data of the app and force stop it which I already did

And you can only turn it off too in " usage data access" by saying that should I turn on anything in my usage data access or leave it off?

Alright thanks But for Lookout should I turn it on as a device administrator or just leave it off I was thinking about it but it really doesn't do much you chose if I should keep it off or have it as a device administrator. And should I turn of " Scheduled back up too"? And when my phone gets on 20-30% I'll show you the graph with that app you showed me :)

Attachments

• 176.jpg
    176.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 177.jpg
    177.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 14

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: How to make your screen go to sleep??

The phone will sleep after whatever interval of inactivity that you set in Screen Timeout.

In Settings, Wifi, Advanced Settings, you can set wifi to stay on during sleep, or not, according to your preference.

Kevin Christof

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Wait so if you set phone timeout to 15 seconds when the screen turns off does the WiFi automatically turn off with it which leads the phone to sleep or does it take awhile ?

Because I turned of wifi sleep in the settings so does that mean right when the phone screen turns off the WiFi turns off or does it take awhile to turn it off

Thanks I shall never use those apps again

Kevin Christof

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Re: How to make your screen go to sleep??

No I turned it on I meant so does that me automatically when I turn my screen off it turns wifi off or is their a delay

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
yes and no. I don't tend to let my phone run out of juice. After 3 hours SOT, I usually have about 30 - 40% left in the battery. I always charge my phone over night while I sleep. I'm sure if I were to keep the phone off the charge I would get nearer 4 hours SOT.

I would keep it on. It's there for a reason.

You're really analyzing every app on this phone :) just keep it on. If you don't want bloat, buy a Nexus or Moto :)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Just don't use the "Manage RAM" feature of Smart Manager. The other features could be useful. Since you can't Disable Smart Manager, I'd just leave it alone.

Usage Data Access is just a setting that allows certain apps to see what other apps and activities you've been using on your phone. It doesn't really matter if you have that on or off.

You only need to make Lookout a Device Administrator if you want to use the remote Lock or Wipe feature, as described here: https://faq.lookout.com/categories/...o-be-a-device-administrator-to-lock-my-device

The scheduled backup feature is reasonable to keep on if you don't keep all of your stuff in the Google cloud. But pay attention to where it backs up to--if it's somewhere on Internal Storage, and if space there is already a bit tight, this will take up even more storage. If you primarily use Google apps (for email, calendar, documents, etc.), then backup isn't that important, since most of your data should be syncing with Google automatically.

Last edited:

Kevin Christof

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
I don't really use backup I think it drains battery so should I just leave back up data off because it drains battery because it has to keep backing up

Sorry for all these questions I'm really conservative with my battery I want it at my fullest

Sorry if I'm kind of a annoying on the forums asking to many questions I just recently found out about this and I just got a new phone so I'm trying to get the fullest result out of my phone I apologize if I'm posting to much or bothering your guys but anyways thanks so much for the help and I appreciate everything that you guys have done I'm going to donate a tip just to show my thanks and appreciation :)

Alright I'll just stick to cleaning the storage and that's it's tanks a lot dude ur lots of help

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Samsung grand prime device dying fast help !

Yes, keep auto backup turned off. It's still a good idea to make sure your data is synced or backed up somewhere on a regular basis, so don't ignore that completely.:)

Kevin Christof

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
So I could just keep using smart manager to clean my phone storage right? BUT does that affect your phone too? Just like how clearing ram affects your phone or is it fine to clean your storage

I'll sync everything into my Google account thanks man :)

And one last question and I'll stop bothering you. " Should I turn this on"? (picture)

That nice what type of phone do u hoy

If you use mobile Hotspots to much can it damage your phone or mess up your Internet or anything on your phone I've been trying to figure our this question for awhile do mobile Hotspots screw up your device or is it perfectly fine to use it as much as you want?

Attachments

• 185.jpg
    185.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 18

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: sorry if I'm asking to many questions

Your eagerness to learn is commendable and there is certainly no need for a donation, but your thanks are appreciated. :)