Samsung Galaxy S24 Plus.

Drongo

Mar 19, 2024
Visit site
This two attached images are comparisons using "Open Camera" downloaded from Google Play No Ads and the other was taken with the Samsung camera.

Attachments

• Open Camera.jpg
    Open Camera.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 57
  • Samsung Camera.jpg
    Samsung Camera.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 57

jtfwTX

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
This two attached images are comparisons using "Open Camera" downloaded from Google Play No Ads and the other was taken with the Samsung camera.
agree with above. do same settings for each picture so its a fair comparion.
What do you think about open camera? Do you think its just as good or better than stock Samsung??

Drongo

Mar 19, 2024
Visit site
Here is a link I found specifically for the Samsung Galaxy S24's
Its very informative.

As requested I have taken two more shots with "Open Camera" and "Samsung Camera."
The Open Camera has so many options for photo's and video's, including a lot of technical information.
I have set Open Camera as my default camera and got information from the website Android Police how to enable by clicking the start button two times.
After the phone is unlocked.
I prefer to use the Open Camera, available on Google Play with Zero Ads. Whoever created this App in my opinion has a very special talent.

Attachments

• Open Camera.jpg
    Open Camera.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 52
  • Samsung Camera.jpg
    Samsung Camera.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 53

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
The title of the post is a bit misleading.

Interesting. Does Open Camera support RAW capture? The comparison shots are pretty decent.

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
Here is more fair comparison, I think.

I shot the same flower under identical lighting conditions. All three were captured at 12MP, since Open Camera doesn't support 50MP.

S24 Ultra (unlocked)

Open Camera does pretty good.

Stock camera app in Pro Mode:
69733480d2f0e561a30fcf72515cdaf8.jpg

Stock camera app using Expert RAW.

7bd55817443ef000486178ff063ccf87.jpg

Open Camera

7084457d5888114c6f927b68a1091c9f.jpg

Last edited:

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
Open Camera does support RAW capture. However, it seems to only use the wide-angle lens. It doesn't capture the image at the same zoom as the co-produced JPG image.

Also, it doesn't seem to handle low-light situations well.

As long as you have favorable lighting conditions, it seems to do pretty good. If you want a non-stock camera (that isn't a GCam port) and works without having to make XML file tweaks (*cough* GCam), then Open Camera is not a bad choice. As the standard cliche caveat goes, "Results may vary."

I still prefer the Samsung stock camera and Expert RAW cameras though.

Reactions: 1raygin

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
This is what the RAW capture looked like. Other than being exported to JPG using Lightroom, this is unprocessed, with no exposure, saturation, or sharpness tweaks. It was also in full daylight.

IMG_20240524_092850.jpg

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Danny0311

Jun 28, 2022
Visit site
Here is a link I found specifically for the Samsung Galaxy S24's
Its very informative.

As requested I have taken two more shots with "Open Camera" and "Samsung Camera."
The Open Camera has so many options for photo's and video's, including a lot of technical information.
I have set Open Camera as my default camera and got information from the website Android Police how to enable by clicking the start button two times.
After the phone is unlocked.
I prefer to use the Open Camera, available on Google Play with Zero Ads. Whoever created this App in my opinion has a very special talent.
I did those 13 settings the other day, and my battery life has improved. Haven't seen much impact with the others yet, but the phone is still like brand new. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oldersod