Samsung Galaxy S3 4g

Afani

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I bought this phone today and when i got home i tried to let it to connect to my Wi-Fi and then i needed to type in my password and after that it tried to get a new ip. But after that it says the connection isnt activated bad connection or something like that but the thing is..It worked fine on my old phone plus i am sitting atm on my laptop through the same wi-fi.
Anyone got any clue what could be wrong here?

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I bought this phone today and when i got home i tried to let it to connect to my Wi-Fi and then i needed to type in my password and after that it tried to get a new ip. But after that it says the connection isnt activated bad connection or something like that but the thing is..It worked fine on my old phone plus i am sitting atm on my laptop through the same wi-fi.
Anyone got any clue what could be wrong here?

We could probably be more help if you told us *exactly* what error you were getting, instead of "something like that." My suggestion would be to delete the connection from your phone, and then recreate it being very careful when entering the password. If it still doesn't work, reset your WiFi access point, either by pressing the hidden reset button, or by unplugging it, waiting a minute, and restarting it.

Afani

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
It says Network is inactive. Bad connection. Wonder if it has something to do with my phone or my router? Since there is a picture aswell with my phone and a straight line to my router and then to my internet and the ! is showing when it is going from my router to my phone.
Here is the wierd thing. When i see in the list of my Wi-Fis it is saying it has a strong connection

Last edited:

IronicRhetoric

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Just received a new Galaxy S3 after my old S3 had water damage. You can try what I did as it worked out just fine for me. The old S3 was always connected to my Home Wi-Fi and I had no problems until I received this new S3 yesterday. I setup and updated the phone, but the S3 wouldn't connect, it simply said "Saved, Secured," referring to the wireless password.

I logged into my Router (standard Motorola SURFboard from TWC) using address http://192.168.0.1/ A secondary address http://192.168.100.1/ can also be used. Default username: admin --- Default password: motorola

For Linksys routers it's http://192.168.1.1. Alternate address is 192.168.2.1. There are a lot of username/passwords for Linksys depending on various things so you may need to call your ISP. Found this on a website though:

Default usernames:
Linksys BEFW11S4, WRT54G: admin
Linksys EtherFast Cable/DSL Ethernet routers: Administrator
Linksys Comcast routers: comcast
All other Linksys routers: [none]

Default passwords:
Linksys BEFW11S4: [none]
Linksys Comcast routers: 1234
All other Linksys routers: admin

Anyhow once you are logged into the router you need to find the page where it asks about MAC addresses. For my Motorola SURFboard it was under the Wireless tab in the Access Control menu on the left. Just do a bit of browsing in the Wireless section and you should find it. Once you've found it you need to find the MAC address for your phone. Although it was all ready at the bottom of the router page with an ERROR I did not know the MAC address referred to my phone so I simply found it in my phone. For my S3 it was in Settings > Wi-Fi > then press the Menu button which should bring up...well a menu. Click Advanced and voila! Your MAC address is there. Enter it exactly into one of the many fields in your router settings and check or click Allow. For my SURFboard it was a drop down menu and I chose Allow and then followed up by clicking Apply. Return to your phone and connect it with the proper wireless password and you should be in.

If this at all seems confusing, calling your ISP and asking asking them how to add a MAC address to your router settings will suffice. Of course you will still need to find your MAC address on your phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnnetteConnor