Samsung Galaxy S4 IMEI Problem

neils0911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Hi all. I have a very confusing problem that I have never encountered in all the phones I have had, I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 International version on Vodafone. I did not buy this phone from new but have never experienced any problems picking up signal etc. However when I checked the IMEI of the phone it says 'waiting for activation' or comes up as invalid on other places. Like I said I have experienced no difficulties in the 6 months of having this phone but i would like to know why I could be getting these messages if anyone could help? Even my carrier could not give me an answer :/

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Is the phone originally from a UK carrier? The person who sold it to you may have an unpaid bill with them.

Sent from my HTC One using Mobile Nations mobile app

neils0911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Is the phone originally from a UK carrier? The person who sold it to you may have an unpaid bill with them.

Sent from my HTC One using Mobile Nations mobile app

Yeah the phone was bought unlocked so isn't tied to a carrier. Just seems weird and a bit worrying. I was planning on selling this as soon as the galaxy note 3 is released but my resale value won't be as much when the imei shows as invalid

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Have you called Samsung Support yet? Or gone to a Samsung Repair shop? If you bought this factory unlocked, then you should still be able to claim your warranty. If you bought this as unlocked BY SOMEONE ELSE, then the scenario of being pre-owned and the IMEI being blocked or something seems plausible.

neils0911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Have you called Samsung Support yet? Or gone to a Samsung Repair shop? If you bought this factory unlocked, then you should still be able to claim your warranty. If you bought this as unlocked BY SOMEONE ELSE, then the scenario of being pre-owned and the IMEI being blocked or something seems plausible.

Cheers guys I'll contact them and see what happens. When I called my carrier again they found the imei and said that it isn't blacklisted (which makes sense as the phone still functions perfectly fine) but every imei checking website pulls it up as invalid or 'ready for activation'. Could the person I bought it off have been sold a developer edition by mistake? (he was also a prison warden so commiting fraud us the last thing a civil cervin should do in the UK). I know this happened with some note 2s as they were sold and had no imei number present on the phone. Other than that long shot I have no idea but I'll email them and see what they say

David Curl

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Giday. Are you in a position to give us an update on what you found out. I to have an invalid IMEI but can make calls and texts. It is with a GT-I9500 I think, as it is running a mediatek firmware.

Remar Daragosa

May 3, 2014
Visit site
hi, there was a problem my phone the model is samsung S4 4.4 android i lost the IMEI in what way? how i can solve on these kind of a problem that i encounter

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OSCAR DE BUG