samsung galaxy s6 edge phone which is stuck on Samsung Logo

dilip lalwani

Sep 19, 2022
Visit site
Hi
I have a samsung galaxy s6 edge phone which is stuck on Samsung Logo
after Samsung sent updates after 5 years no clue why ,
Is there any way to get my data out of the phone ??
Sadly I did not have it backed up

Please help , Thanks :)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You're certain this was an official system update sent over-the-air? Assuming the phone had previously been kept up to date, I would suspect this was more of a browser popup ad posing as a system update notification, and you may have installed something malicious.

See if you can boot into Recovery and wipe the cache partition: https://www.t-mobile.com/support/de...t/wipe-cache-partition-samsung-galaxy-s6-edge

dilip lalwani

Sep 19, 2022
Visit site
HI BDidit ,

Thanks So much for getting back . Really appreciate it

Ya I do really hope it was an official update and not some malicious software
I saw this where they have mentioned it as well
https://www.androidpolice.com/samsung-s7-edge-s8-update-gps/

I already did the wipe partition cache several times , got the message that partition was cleared and then the phone reboots
but is stuck again at that samsung logo screen

Also phone does not start up in Safe mode

I was planning on the Odin utility , but got really scared to do anything that involved downloading or replacing
things on the phone , As I have never done anything like that ever

I was hoping that there would be a way to load the Android Os on Sd card or Flash drive
And then boot the phone using that instead of the OS on the phone and then
mount the phone drive to get the data out , Do you think anything like that would be possible ??

Please let me know , Thanks :)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That article mentioned the update was for the S7, S7 edge, and S8 -- but not the S6 edge. So do you remember how you were prompted to install this update?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to AC!
You can try with Odin the stock firmware , need also Frija tool for firmware both download from xda forums. Usually on the newer Samsung you use home CSC and it won't wipe the device don't remember older ones and not 100% it will not factory reset

dilip lalwani

Sep 19, 2022
Visit site
Hi B.Diddy,
It prompted with a white Message software update available for some GPS fix ,
I had the option to install or install later thats about it sadly , dont remember going to any funny websites
or download / install any apks that I have not known :'(
Also sometimes when I boot it goes into installing software then No Command and then goes to recovery menu
From here when I run graphics test it again tries to install some update then says not found -> then Erasing -> and finally installs and exits to the recovery menu ,

dilip lalwani

Sep 19, 2022
Visit site
Thanks Mustang :)
Looks like it is coming down to going that route of flashing the Rom using Odin ,
I have no experience whatsoever , dont want to loose the data , or mess up the phone ,
So waiting to find out if there are any other options available ,
I am wanting to know if there would be a way to load the Android Os on Sd card or Flash drive
mount the phone drive to get the data out , Do you think anything like that would be possible ??
Like In Windows PC if the OS or disk is corrupted , we can still boot using a bootable drive and take it from there

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks Mustang :)
Looks like it is coming down to going that route of flashing the Rom using Odin ,
I have no experience whatsoever , dont want to loose the data , or mess up the phone ,
So waiting to find out if there are any other options available ,
I am wanting to know if there would be a way to load the Android Os on Sd card or Flash drive
Like In Windows PC if the OS or disk is corrupted , we can still boot using a bootable drive and take it from there
The only way possible is Odin but it's not guaranteed since your device is bricked as why its on Samsung logo.

Can try safe mode see if you can get past that but at this point retrieving your Data is becoming unlikely like I mentioned Odin is your best chance of safe mode doesn't work , but it's not guaranteed