Samsung Galaxy S6 Recombu Review

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Recombu Review

Sounds like good things.

Again, battery life isn't so good.

Ok. Battery life test results bound to be all,over the place as different test conditions used each time by different tester. Battery life, while somewhat important, shouldn't be the sole factor in a purchase decision or device comparison winner.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site

Again, battery life isn't so good.

Where did you hear that? Maybe I missed something, I thought he said it was pretty good lasting a full day and could stream video for 7-8 hours before running dry. In fact he spent no time on it at all since it didn't seem like much of an issue.

Shepx13

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site

Battery life, while somewhat important, shouldn't be the sole factor in a purchase decision

That's a pretty small minded comment. Everyone has different needs. Who are you to say what should or shouldn't be a sole deciding factor of purchase for somebody?

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site

I wouldn't say that was very good, in comparison to the M8, iPhone 6 or Oneplus One

I keep missing points in his presentation that you come up with. Where was he talking about the M8, i6, or o+o, or are you interjecting your opinion over his?

Alex_NJ

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site

I keep missing points in his presentation that you come up with. Where was he talking about the M8, i6, or o+o, or are you interjecting your opinion over his?

I'm basing it on the fact he said "And it lasts just about a full day without charge"

iPhone 6 just about lasts a day, the M8 you can get more than a day, and the O+O you can get 2 days.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site

I'm basing it on the fact he said "And it lasts just about a full day without charge"

iPhone 6 just about lasts a day, the M8 you can get more than a day, and the O+O you can get 2 days.
So how is the S6 not very good in comparison to the iPhone 6? Sounds the same to me.

Alex_NJ

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site

about the same, and the iPhone 6 is 6 months older. And the M8 is far superior and that's 12 months older

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site

I'm more then happy if I can pull it off the plug in the morning and it lasts me until I got to bed. My M8 could a day and a half if I pushed it, but there was never any reason to do that when I could just plug it in every night. With the GPS/always awake bug in 4.4.4 though I barely get about 6 hours before it's dead. My One X would make it just fine though the day as well with normal/moderate use and I'd just plug it up every night. Never harmed or degraded the battery life of either phone to charge it night either, both kept working fine.

If people want phones that last 2 or more days on a single change then the S6 won't be for them, and I don't imagine that's a massive market, but saying all day battery life is poor or bad is bit much. I don't imagine there would be too many complaints from your average consumer about having to charge their phone while they sleep.

With QuadHD, a host of other brand new technology stuck in it, and a smaller battery I'd say Samsung did quite well if it's at least all day battery life. Everybody's mileage varies though, that's why there are a million different options for Android phones. Something for everyone.

Alex_NJ

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site

I just think that things can happen that you don't anticipate.

You are at work out the office all day, you have a train journey and watch some youtube vids, whatsapp, send emails etc.

Then your working day ends and your friends ask if you fancy a beer, you go to the bar, one thing leads to another you end up going to a nightclub. It hits 2am and you'd like to call a taxi and suddenly you have no battery life left...

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

I'm more then happy if I can pull it off the plug in the morning and it lasts me until I got to bed. My M8 could a day and a half if I pushed it, but there was never any reason to do that when I could just plug it in every night. With the GPS/always awake bug in 4.4.4 though I barely get about 6 hours before it's dead. My One X would make it just fine though the day as well with normal/moderate use and I'd just plug it up every night. Never harmed or degraded the battery life of either phone to charge it night either, both kept working fine.

If people want phones that last 2 or more days on a single change then the S6 won't be for them, and I don't imagine that's a massive market, but saying all day battery life is poor or bad is bit much. I don't imagine there would be too many complaints from your average consumer about having to charge their phone while they sleep.

With QuadHD, a host of other brand new technology stuck in it, and a smaller battery I'd say Samsung did quite well if it's at least all day battery life. Everybody's mileage varies though, that's why there are a million different options for Android phones. Something for everyone.

I have never had a smartphone that lasted me all day. Don't see how people can do it. Even back in the old BlackBerry days, I would get the extended batteries. Note 3 -- Nope. Now on the Note 3 I did have the ZL 10000mah monster on it. That in fact did last me a whole day. It also pulled my pants off when in pocket.

With that said, I expect the S6 to be no worse than any smartphone I've used in the past. If I want to extend it I guess it's a Mophie-like case. What else ya gonna do?

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site

He said "the phone can happily last a full day and even stream video for a solid 7-8 hours before the battery runs dry". Pretty good review IMO. Not sure if we're watching the same video.

Anyway it's all junk until real world feedback. But I don't bury my head in these devices like some do so I'm thinking it'll be fine for me.

Jdroids

May 7, 2012
Visit site

I think that's quite controversial on M8. That would depend on how it's used and what OS update. I saw many complaints on M8 battery life less than a day too. It seems like M9 would be quite worse than M8 unless Qualcomm does something about 810 chip and HTC swaps it free with warranty.

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site

I think that's quite controversial on M8. That would depend on how it's used and what OS update. I saw many complaints on M8 battery life less than a day too. It seems like M9 would be quite worse than M8 unless Qualcomm does something about 810 chip and HTC swaps it free with warranty.

My M8 won't make it though the workday, even with ultra power save mode kicking in at 10% it still drops like a rock; though that's more an AT&T jacked up the software thing then the phone is messed up thing. If the S6 can get me past 4 in the afternoon without needing a charge that's a heck of an improvement for me at this point.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George Brian