Samsung Galaxy S6 So tired of hearing negative reports is anyone happy

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Re: So tired of hearing negative reports us anyone happy

Well with mine I connected the phone to my computer at work briefly to transfer some pics..but that was about 5 minutes total and it wasn't fast charging. So its still pretty much accurate.

Just by eyeing it, it looks like it accounts for about 5% or max of 10% of battery increase in that time. So worst case is you're at 32% with 4 hours SOT in a 16 hour day. Still very nice!

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site

I haven't been this impressed with a device in a long, long time.

Posted via Galaxy S6 edge

fjd726

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site

I think it depends on the device you're coming from. If you're coming from any other android phone, you'll probably be happy. Myself, coming from an iphone, I don't see the need to buy it. Seems Samsung copied pretty much everything about the iphone. The speaker placement, the hardware, fingerprint ID and a few others for example.

Sure the specs are better on paper. But you still have a laggy touchwiz launcher. They say it's been trimmed down but all I've heard so far is that with Samsung and carrier bloat totals an unnecessary 56 apps. Samsung still has years to go to be buttery smooth. I'll admit the iphone isn't as buttery smooth as in the past but it's still more reliable than this phone.

Daspoo

May 27, 2013
Visit site

I think it depends on the device you're coming from. If you're coming from any other android phone, you'll probably be happy. Myself, coming from an iphone, I don't see the need to buy it. Seems Samsung copied pretty much everything about the iphone. The speaker placement, the hardware, fingerprint ID and a few others for example.

Sure the specs are better on paper. But you still have a laggy touchwiz launcher. They say it's been trimmed down but all I've heard so far is that with Samsung and carrier bloat totals an unnecessary 56 apps. Samsung still has years to go to be buttery smooth. I'll admit the iphone isn't as buttery smooth as in the past but it's still more reliable than this phone.

To each his own, but from a purely functionality-based standpoint, unless you want your phone to *just work*, that's where the appeal & value of Android over iOS comes in IMO.

Posted via the Android Central App

dakalter69

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site

I'm super happy with mine. I have owned over 30 smart phones starting at the g1 and up the Android line, blackberry, Palm pre, old and new windows phones. This is one of my top devices I've owned. One of the best out the box experiences.

independentvolume

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

There are plenty of happy users. The only unhappy people that I have any sympathy for are the ones on TMobile or the ones that are having ridiculously high cell standby due to a bug. All the rest of the people that are complaining are ridiculous and it's exactly what you get whenever any new phone is released. "Im in a dark room and the phone isn't bright enough to wake up my neighbor across the street, I'm returning it!" It's all just the usual junk that gets posted on every device. Just ignore it. This phone is an incredible gadget in almost every aspect. As long as people get the standby battery drain issues fixed, I can only laugh at the other complaints because they are so silly. The fact that people want to return the phone because of the brightness (which is the brightest ever made while on Auto) and get another phone that is inferior in every way is just comical. Let the unhappy people be unhappy. Instead of trying to convince them that they are wrong or try to convince them to stay with the phone, just let them walk. I've decided that's how I'm going to handle all ridiculous complaints from now on. Don't like the carrier logo on the back of the phone? Return it and buy a phone without a carrier logo. Nobody wants to hear you complain about it.

Nice that your laughing at people that spent 800 dollars on an edge with faulty light sensor. Apparently all of them are faulty.

markymark

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site

LMAO at anyone who thinks anything Android is copied from the iPhone. It took Apple until 2015 to figure out that people wanted a screen bigger than 4 inches. And to incorporate NFG in their phones. Apple is touting as "new technology" things that Android phones had 3-4 years ago. I have nothing against the iPhone, most of my family uses them, but stop this nonsense that anything Android was copied from the iPhone. It's laughable.

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site

Even though this is arguably the best hardware on any Android phone ever made, you don't switch from Apple to Android for hardware. You do it for software. You say you don't like that Samsung "copied" Apple's hardware anyways, so what is it that you switched for? Or are you just here to talk about why you didn't switch? If you haven't used the phone then I don't know how you can say it's laggy. I've spoken with plenty of people that have come from iOS and say that they don't feel any lag.

Hardware changes between every device so it's always new and exciting getting new devices, whether your Apple or Android. What I don't understand is how people who have had an iPhone for years and years how they don't get sick of looking at the same exact software? They may add a feature or two here or there but it's the same thing. If you want to be able to change the software side of things, that's why you go to Android. My phone can look and act differently whenever I want it to.

Don't come to Android unless you're looking to give up iOS. You aren't going to get iOS over here and Android will never be as smooth or simple. Also, thanks for choosing the "happy" thread to post your negative thoughts about Android and the S6.

independentvolume

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

Even though this is arguably the best hardware on any Android phone ever made, you don't switch from Apple to Android for hardware. You do it for software. You say you don't like that Samsung "copied" Apple's hardware anyways, so what is it that you switched for? Or are you just here to talk about why you didn't switch?

Hardware changes between every device so it's always new and exciting getting new devices, whether your Apple or Android. What I don't understand is how people who have had an iPhone for years and years how they don't get sick of looking at the same exact software? They may add a feature or two here or there but it's the same thing. If you want to be able to change the software side of things, that's why you go to Android. My phone can look and act differently whenever I want it to.

Don't come to Android unless you're looking to give up iOS. You aren't going to get iOS over here and Android will never be as smooth or simple.

Well put. The funny thing is that I've had nova launcher set up the same exact way on my last two phones, from day one. lol. Only thing I change is my wallpaper. I like an uncluttered home screen. Every time I grab my 6 plus I wish I could hide all the apps in one folder. :)

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I would have to disagree with this completely. I had a lot of android devices .. then went from the Note 4 and got a 6+ to try Apple for awhile .. Used it a bunch .. and now on to S6 and still liking it. This UI is buttery smooth and no my 6+ wasn't perfect. It would stutter sometimes when exiting apps and doing certain tasks.

Also the more reliable I disagree with as well. I had an update kill my cellular connection on my 6+ -- and I had the phone freeze (in a sense) by getting stuck in an app (twice). I showed my buddy before force rebooting it that you couldn't exit out and the phone wouldn't lock .. You just press power and screen goes off / on and stayed in the dialer app.

There is no perfect phone .. I don't get why people act as if iPhone is 100% flawless .. when it has its own quirks. Not saying it isn't good but .. it is just the idea of it being bug / problem free is not correct.

asanatheist

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site

Horserubbish. I switched to an i6 last month on march 22nd.
I am on iOS 8.3, had iOS 8.2
Had the phone for approximately 18 days.
I consider my self a heavier that average user meaning I actually use my phone for smartphone duties.
This is average for my phone's usage:
Pandora or Youtube: 23%-33%
Chrome (or Safari): 17%
Games: 11%-20% combined
Facebook: 10%~

1. Apps refresh quite a bit. Namely Safari. Even with 8.3, it's a bit better but instead of 2 tabs that stay on background, now 3 do. Safari is so bad I've had safari refresh 4 out of 7 tabs I had open IN THE SAME INSTANCE OF USING SAFARI. Not exiting the app, nor switching to another app.
2. PLENTY of bugs and crashes on iOS 8.3. Best one I can think of is where an App freezes, or has delay. Another is where touch becomes unresponsive even the notification bar cannot be brought down. This is despite the app is still working on screen, I can switch apps quickly and it will work again.
3. Massive issues with the i6 having slow signal reception. This means I have stood around 20 minutes getting 4g when in that same spot I received 4-5 bars of LTE on my note 3. After the 20 minutes the phone magically received full bars of LTE. It's almost as if when it doesn't detect good LTE signal, it puts the modem to sleep for many minutes at a time and doesn't wake it up until certain time passes. EVEN if you are using the phone.
4. Tab switching bug (just barely fixed on iOS 8.3... Took over 7 months to fix since iOS 8.

I am strongly considering going to the S6 but going to wait for release date and more data from users.

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site

Well put. The funny thing is that I've had nova launcher set up the same exact way on my last two phones, from day one. lol. Only thing I change is my wallpaper. I like an uncluttered home screen. Every time I grab my 6 plus I wish I could hide all the apps in one folder. :)

Yup. Some people like no clutter. Others like widgets everywhere. You can do as much or as little as you want and that's why I will most likely never leave Android and go back to Apple unless Apple opens up more. I'm not going to deny that they make some great hardware though.

Pikapichu

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site

The S6 wasn't leggy at all when I was playing with it. Every aspect of the software ran really smoothly.

LMAO at anyone who thinks anything Android is copied from the iPhone. It took Apple until 2015 to figure out that people wanted a screen bigger than 4 inches. And to incorporate NFG in their phones. Apple is touting as "new technology" things that Android phones had 3-4 years ago. I have nothing against the iPhone, most of my family uses them, but stop this nonsense that anything Android was copied from the iPhone. It's laughable.

Got to hand it to their marketing team. Prior to their use of NFC in the iPhone, paying at terminals via the phone was largely unheard of by the mainstream public.

Looking at the glass and metal construction of the S6, it isn't hard to see how it kind of resembles an older iPhone.

fjd726

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site

Use your eyeballs. You have to do a double take on the s6 to see that it's not an iphone. Samsung is trying the catch up game at this point. They failed miserably with the s4 and s5. They couldn't come up with their own design and figured, if you can't beat the iphone, may as well join them (looks wise).

I think the s6 looks great but Touchwiz is still there and it's Samsung's annoying launcher. Bunch of useless to many gimmicks with none working very well.

bogdaryl

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: So tired of hearing negative reports is anyone happy

Come on most of us are here because we enjoy our Android phones and are all very excited with the newest one. This is not a place to bash one or the other. In the battle for smartphone supremacy there will be plenty of parody. This is good for us all. It forces the companies making the phones to push to be the best. No one has the same opinion as anyone else. If everyone was content with the same thing how boring would it be. Why argue points like this when we should all just be sitting back enjoying our phones of preference.

Posted via Android Central App

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site

Use your eyeballs. You have to do a double take on the s6 to see that it's not an iphone. Samsung is trying the catch up game at this point. They failed miserably with the s4 and s5. They couldn't come up with their own design and figured, if you can't beat the iphone, may as well join them (looks wise).

I think the s6 looks great but Touchwiz is still there and it's Samsung's annoying launcher. Bunch of useless to many gimmicks with none working very well.

Honestly, why are you here? If you want to gobble on some round dangly objects then go over to macrumors or something where you can have some friends to gobble with you. I'm not sure how Samsung is playing the catch up game when every single spec on the s6 blows the iphone 6 out of the water.

And you keep complaining about Touchwiz but I get the feeling you haven't used it. From most accounts, it's extremely smooth and lag free. And I know you're not used to this, but you can change the launcher so your phone looks and operates as you want it to. Don't like the way Touchwiz looks? Change it. That's why people use Android.

In the past S3-S5, Samsung did a "more is better" attitude towards features. They changed that on the S6 and decided to make it more user friendly. Is it to try to attract Apple users? Probably. Most Apple users just want some plain screens with some icons and wouldn't know what to do with anything besides that. Cutting down on options and menu items is supposed to make it easier for them.

As far as looks go and "direct copy", stop being a fool. All phone companies take cues from other companies. They see what they like and what the public likes and adapt. It's no different than any other industry whether it's electronics, clothing, etc. Like others have said, every feature the iPhone has, Android has had for years.

Oh and also, not sure if you're aware of this phone that was released before the iPhone 6: samsung-ativ-s-new1.jpg

Here's the S6 next to an iPhone 6: S6.-Edge-iPhone-6.jpg

Put the Samsung Ativ, the S6 and the iPhone 6 all side by side and tell me which 2 look the most similar?

Now onto what is hopefully the last question directed towards you before you go on your merry way: Why are you here? You've made up your mind. You like the pretty iPhones and you don't care about being able to customize your device. The iPhone works great for you. You're not going to convince people here otherwise because most of us have all owned an iPhone in the past and we do know the differences. I'll take an occasional stutter here and there for a device that I can set up and use however I want. You can continue to have an iPhone that every other single person owns and looks exactly the same from a hardware and software side. Now please, just go away. Your mind is clearly made up. You're not taking any of us with you, so just carry on.

markymark

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site

The S6 looks nothing like an iPhone to me. If anything it looks like the previous Galaxy models. Except with upgraded materials. But if you think the Galaxy looks like an iPhone, then it is Apple who did the copying, since up until this year the iPhone was stuck in the 4" territory. So if the new iPhone looks like a Galaxy, then they must have copied the S5. You can't say the one that came first copied the one that came last. And the new "revolutionary" Apple Pay has been around for years too. It's called Google Wallet.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SPANKY383