Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge - Game launcher and Game tools not working

loomis9301

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
My S7 Edge did it's updates the other day, and since then the Game Tools have stopped working completely.

I have tried deactivating and reactivating it through settings, restarting the phone, turning off Game Launcher.

When I go into the details of the Game Tools app, it states that there is an update available. However I cannot find where to actually update it.

Game Launcher is up to date, and even this has stopped working. It wont actually recognise games anymore. When I try to add a game to it, I get to the app list, choose the game app, press 'Add' and nothing happens, at all.

I love the Game Tools app and, having only owned this phone for a week, I would be so annoyed if I now cant get it to work.

Restarting the phone while connected to WiFi and charging hasn't forced through any updates. I cant find Game Tools in the Play store or in Galaxy app store. I have searched for software updates but nothing is apparently available, despite Game Tools telling me an update IS available.

Has anyone had a similar issue, or can anyone point this relative noob in the right direction.

jfs101

Trusted Member
Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
This happened to me but only with game tools. I got it back working by going to applications>application manager and uninstalling the app updates for game tools.

Try this with both of them to see if it works.

Posted via the Android Central App

Joe Regular

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
i had the same issue. it fixed itself once i created a Samsung account (email and password). once signed in, i launched the app it prompted me to update it

Alejandro Marroquin

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
My S7 Edge did it's updates the other day, and since then the Game Tools have stopped working completely.

I have tried deactivating and reactivating it through settings, restarting the phone, turning off Game Launcher.

When I go into the details of the Game Tools app, it states that there is an update available. However I cannot find where to actually update it.

Game Launcher is up to date, and even this has stopped working. It wont actually recognise games anymore. When I try to add a game to it, I get to the app list, choose the game app, press 'Add' and nothing happens, at all.

I love the Game Tools app and, having only owned this phone for a week, I would be so annoyed if I now cant get it to work.

Restarting the phone while connected to WiFi and charging hasn't forced through any updates. I cant find Game Tools in the Play store or in Galaxy app store. I have searched for software updates but nothing is apparently available, despite Game Tools telling me an update IS available.

Has anyone had a similar issue, or can anyone point this relative noob in the right direction.

Same exact issue my friend. Im so upset...

Billy Kennedy

Feb 17, 2017
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
accessibilitys87