Samsung S6 Edge static shock causing freeze, how can I stop it?

A

AC Question

Samsung S6 Edge static shock causing freeze

I just move to the arid southwest and since I got here everytime I touch my S6 Edge I shock the phone. The problem with this is it causes the phone to "die." In other words it goes to a black screen and will not respond until I use the volume up, power, home button trick to restart it. Even when I do this I get an aqua colored screen saying downloading target and I need to repeat the reset again.

Is there anyway to avoid this other than discharging myself each time I touch the phone? I am using a seido holster case and a non-standard USB charger. If you could suggest any solutions or if my charger or case might be causing it, I would appreciate the feedback.

Shadowpdx

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
One thing that I would do is STOP shocking the phone and go buy an anti static floor mat to place in the area that you put your phone. Chip manufacturers create static free zones when they make microchips because static electricity can destroy the microchips which is why you need to eliminate this problem before you wreck your phone

quorky

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: Samsung S6 Edge static shock causing freeze

Wow, never heard about a problem like this. Best of luck in finding a solution.

Posted via the Android Central App

valorian

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
I've never heard of someone getting shocked when touching a phone. It's mostly plastic and glass which are insulators and would prevent any static shock.