Samsung Smart Switch update getting stuck at checking downloaded update files

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

SUMMARY OF PROBLEM (details after & below)
---> 1 hr & 45 minutes hanging stuck in "Checking the downloaded update files. DO NOT DISCONNECT THE CABLE FROM THE PC "

++ Phone = Samsung Note 10+ 5G
++ Model = N976V (a US compatibility model)
++ Android Model = Android 10 (current)
++ Phone UI Version = ONE 2.0 (current)

++ PC Operating System = Windows 7 Ultimate

++ PC-to-Phone Connection Cable = USB 3.0 (pc usb port) -to- USB-C (phone usb port)

++ Carrier type = Verizon (service not activated yet)

++ Purchase = "Open Box" (Ebay)

\\\\___ Background to PROBLEM ___\\\\\
Before taking the phone to Verizon to subscribe/activate live service I planned on using Samsung Smart Switch to update Android to version 11 & update the phone GUI interface ONE UI 2.0 to version 3.0 or 3.1.

[ + ] The setup and connection of phone to PC = NO PROBLEM

[ + ] The Samsung Smart Switch onscreen UI = NO PROBLEM (startup OK & easy to understand/user-friendly )

[ + ] The UPDATE DOWNLOAD = 100% Success (onscreen notification memo in Smart Switch)

.... .... .... .... .... .... .... .... .... .... .... .... .... .... .... .... ....

\\\\___ This is THE ACTUAL PROBLEM ___\\\\\

[ - ] After Download Update is COMPLETE the following message is displayed in an onscreen notification system dialogue box ::

""
SOFTWARE UPDATE IN PROGRESS.....

Checking the downloaded update files.....
Please do not disconnect the cable from the PC."

[[[[ a full green progress bar here ]]]] 100%

[[[ small empty gray box the size of a submit or enter or cancel button here ]]] <---- located at right margin edge of dialogue box ---

""
Important Notes :::

1. The download took 2:45 (2 hrs & 45 minutes)

2. As of this message it's been 1 hr
& 45 MORE minutes still in the ABOVE
STATUS about "checking the downloaded
update files"

3. Task Manager shows CPU usage fluctuating mildly between 11%-13%. 2 other apps are active = 1 instance of notepad & 1 instance of windows explorer containing the installation directory of Samsung Smart Switch. Considered minor and probably inconsequential, they were not closed before beginning this activity.

I don't want to brick my phone. I'm not sure if it's safe to disconnect and reboot manually & see if the update actually completed (not just the file download & file transfer from pc to phone partition table)

I WANT to cross my fingers and reboot and HOPE that this extended elapsed time is just a harmless "hang" glitch with no serious harm, but I DON'T REALLY KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT.

Any helpful info/feedback is welcome, thanks

Jim_T_64

Oct 11, 2021
Visit site
@mustang7757 I tried to reply to ur thread, with details about that I had tried odin, the but this "F"__d up reply submitter flagged me 3 times insisting my reply had links and/or references to money (..?..) - - although I had neither. Right now, I'm just trying to reply AT ALL........

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
@mustang7757 I tried to reply to ur thread, with details about that I had tried odin, the but this "F"__d up reply submitter flagged me 3 times insisting my reply had links and/or references to money (..?..) - - although I had neither. Right now, I'm just trying to reply AT ALL........
Hello , welcome to AC!
So what model number Samsung you have and where did you get odin and the firmware from?

Jim_T_64

Oct 11, 2021
Visit site
Hello , welcome to AC!
So what model number Samsung you have and where did you get odin and the firmware from?

That's the info I HAD in the other post that got flagged and wouldn't allow post. I'll try again.
The model number is SM-N976V. I got the firmware from SamFW . . . dott . . . komm. Got Odin from F(i)le (H)orse . . . dottt - - komm.

Jim_T_64

Oct 11, 2021
Visit site
Hello , welcome to AC!

The Odin is version 3 point 1 point 2 point 3 - it installed and loaded all firmware fine - the cdc file in particular I re-attempted with the home-cdc multi-attempts.... ALL ATTEMPTS RESULTS = FAIL...

That's when I started to try Samsung Smart Switch as per previously posted...

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
The Odin is version 3 point 1 point 2 point 3 - it installed and loaded all firmware fine - the cdc file in particular I re-attempted with the home-cdc multi-attempts.... ALL ATTEMPTS RESULTS = FAIL...

That's when I started to try Samsung Smart Switch as per previously posted...

Use the latest Odin 3.14.1 and later , make sure the bootloader is same or exceed what you have

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201