Samsung Trade In - Sendingnew phone back

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello,

A quick description.

I got a new S20 FE from Mobile Phones Direct. Part of the deal was an enhanced trade in for any phone in any condition for £200. I looked at the t&c's and sent in an old phone.

It all got through very quick and I've recieved the £200.

The issue is, I'm returning the S20 FE due to having really poor signal within my 14 day cooling of period.

What will happen with the trade in value I've already recieved? I know I wont get the phone back (not too fussed) but how will they get the £200 back?

bobdob

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
It looks to me like their trade-in program is really separate from the purchase, which is quite different from the usual programs. You don't get any discount up-front, but you get a payment afterward, correct? Here's a quote from their FAQ about what happens if you change your mind and don't want to send in your trade:

"You might receive an email from our partners at MTR just reminding you that you had a trade-in applied to your order, but you aren’t tied into anything. We just won’t pay you the quoted amount for the handset if you don’t sent it to us, it is completely separate from your contract, and won’t have any effect on the phone/deal you order with us."

That bolded part would imply that you don't have to return the money you got for the trade, unless of course they did have some way to return your old phone.

But obviously, contact them directly.

HoosierDaddy

Trusted Member
Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Hmmm ............ Any phone in any condition? If the OP really will keep the $200, I've got a drawer full of old phones worth zip.

Anyone know if I do this can I return all 50 new phones in one shipment?