Trade in - Preparation Reminder

The_Woo

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
Just a friendly reminder to those who did a trade in through Samsung. You may want to record your boxing process before shipping back to Samsung. Although, I've never encountered any issue, I have heard the "horror stories" from many of you on this forum, and thankfully that video came into play.

Wishing everyone a successful trade in ...."may the odds be in your favor"

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Just a friendly reminder to those who did a trade in through Samsung. You may want to record your boxing process before shipping back to Samsung. Although, I've never encountered any issue, I have heard the "horror stories" from many of you on this forum, and thankfully that video came into play.

Wishing everyone a successful trade in ...."may the odds be in your favor"
Yes their are so many stories I take all kinds of pictures and video. One time I think they tried saying one of our phones was messed up it's the warehouse. And one time they told me oh you didn't send in an Active 2 and they sent me a picture of a totally different watch but we got it straightened out it's just a hassle and wrong they try to do that to people.

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
This will be the first trade in through ATT but you can bet I will take pics and videos of the device booting up, physical condition, etc and probably use something which proves the date (just in case they want to get cute and argue that information can be altered).

A bit over zealous? Maybe, but if it guarantees the $1000 is honored, you can never be too cautious.

RoseBud68

Jul 27, 2016
Visit site
This will be the first trade in through ATT but you can bet I will take pics and videos of the device booting up, physical condition, etc and probably use something which proves the date (just in case they want to get cute and argue that information can be altered).

A bit over zealous? Maybe, but if it guarantees the $1000 is honored, you can never be too cautious.
you can use the return label AT$T send for a reference.

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site

Not over zealous at all. You're protecting your investment. My Husband & I both had bogus issues with our Watch 6 Classic trade-ins. Anything you can do to document the process is well worth it.
😊

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Definitely picture , videos I can't trust them hearing all the trade-in horror stories even if it didn't happen to me.
We always picture and video now after all the horror stories I read on here. That's another reason we liked doing Best Buy cause you just give them your phone and If I had known they were also doing $750 plus a gift card I would of done them but they always say you can't have phone early only on release date and sometimes it's later than that.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
We always picture and video now after all the horror stories I read on here. That's another reason we liked doing Best Buy cause you just give them your phone and If I had known they were also doing $750 plus a gift card I would of done them but they always say you can't have phone early only on release date and sometimes it's later than that.
Yeah the couple times I try to do Best buy they didn't give me the trade-in price Samsung did but if I could I would rather have someone inspect it on the spot, maybe in future Samsung will use Best buy as a trade-in hub to be checked on spot .

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Mentioned this in one of the other "I pre-ordered" threads - this is my first trade-in process in all the years I've been with AT&T, and Cingular before that (since around 1998). All upgrades before now were just by upgrading the device on our account and putting the old one on a junk shelf. We did sell off 2 of them over the years. One of my old ones (an S9) is now used by my 14 year old son.

I've read the stories too. I also frequent the AT&T support forum, and there are many stories of customers getting shafted in the return process over there as well. AT&T would send the returns back and would be totally different phones than the one the customer originally sent.

Although, technically it isn't AT&T, but Assurant - the insurance company that AT&T uses for all returns, warranty issues and trade-in. Since ALL such returns go back to one facility in Tennessee - that seemed to be the problem. Every small box going there would be known to be a cell phone. You can infer your own possible theft-ring story line here.

At any rate, I've also heard conflicting info on bringing your trade-in into a store location. Even that can be a bit confusing. Some say it has to be a corporate store as opposed to one labeled "An Authorized Retailer". Supposedly, the authorized retailer won't take the trade-ins in store. But then, when I look up all the near-by stores in my area - and there are about 8 just within a 10-minute drive from my house, they all say that they take trade-ins as one of the many "services" they offer. They don't indicate a retailer vs. corporate anywhere in the website listings. But they do have it on the storefronts under the AT&T globe.

There are a couple stores in my town doesn't have that "authorized retailer" qualifier - but only one is a stand-alone building they have on my side of town, and it's been there since it was Cingular before AT&T bought them in 2007.

Seems more "corporate" to me.

I'm going there first.

Reactions: 1raygin

nuangel2

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I have only once had problems with my trade in. Last year I got the screen is cracked. Ah no it was not I had pics and a video of trade in. So he looks at unboxing video apologizes and processed my trade 600 it was supposed to be.