SCH-i515 Gets Bluetooth SIG with a CDMA Radio

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
It's coming, but what in the world is it? :) After the whole GSII not coming to Verizon, I've been in fog. Started looking at the Prime and I'm totally confused on what's going on. Is it a Nexus device or not? Is it GSII-like? There seems to be conflicting stories on whether the "Nexus Prime" and "Droid Prime" are two separate devices or the same. Ugh ... I guess time will tell. This is a good sign though. This is actually more than we had already about a GSII for Verizon.

soccerfon711

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I just want to point out that if this is not a developers phone, I would not purchase this in hopes of receiving fast updates. The G2 supposedly ran stock software and it took about 6 months to receive Gingerbread.

I personally will not be buying unless Google says this is the next Nexus.

huskerkate

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully Samsung will be shining some light on the whole issue this evening at the confrence.

Actually, i'm kinda hoping Sammy doesn't even mention this device tonight - cuz that would indicate that this is a Nexus device. Google usually handles the announcement of its Nexus devices, since those are accompanied by the release of a new OS version. so, if the SCH-i515 isn't mentioned, then i'll bet you'll see Google announce it in Sep/Oct.

Bobrowe78

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
So the Verizon version of the galaxy nexus went through a month ago, and the gt-i9250 went through today maybe Verizon gets it in November and everybody else in december

dna550

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I want this!

Samsung Galaxy Nexus full specs revealed; Verizon Wireless exclusive

Well, now that Apple has announced the iPhone 4S, there’s only one other flagship on the horizon that people are eagerly anticipating and that’s the Samsung Galaxy Nexus. Codenamed “Nexus Prime,” the Galaxy Nexus is a phone we have scooped on numerous occasions, and now we can paint a complete picture of the device thanks to new information from a trusted source. Here’s what Samsung and Google will unveil next Tuesday:

Galaxy-Nexus.png

Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
9mm thin
4.65-inch 1280 x 720-pixel Super AMOLED HD with curved glass
TI OMAP 4460 dual-core Cortex A9 processor clocked at 1.2GHz
1GB of RAM
32GB of built-in storage
5-megapixel camera on the back, 1.3-megapixel in the front
1080p HD video capture support
LTE/HSPA depending on carrier
Wi-Fi a/b/g/n
NFC
1,750 mAh battery

We have confirmed that the Samsung Galaxy Nexus will be a pure Google Experience device without any third-party UI or modifications, so no TouchWiz on this one, guys. Also, one notable feature of Ice Cream Sandwich?

The ability to monitor each app’s data usage on the device. Lastly, we’re still hearing that the Galaxy Nexus will be a Verizon Wireless exclusive here in the U.S., so it’s time to check out those contract end-dates if you’re on another carrier and you plan to scoop up the latest pure Google smartphone.

Samsung Galaxy Nexus full specs revealed; Verizon Wireless exclusive Samsung Galaxy Nexus full specs revealed; Verizon Wireless exclusive

legendary1022

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure saying the death of Steve Jobs affects the launch helps PR, bit honestly I think the carriers have postponed the launchat CTIA. The JUST had the announcement for the launch of the iPhone, and they really don't want to undercut those sales because of the way Apple has such crazy contracts with them. The last thing the carriers need is to have Google come in the next week after a disappointed iPhone 4gs with the next amazing OMG phone to take away sales.

It is either that or they wanted to delay to make sure they can get all the carriers on board for a simultaneous launch.

Owner of nGame, Social Network for Sports, sent on my G2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Exoduss