Screen broke! 1.5 foot slide off couch onto carpet!

maven1975

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Lame!

The on my Epic is busted after taking a gentel slide off the couch onto padded carpet. If these samoled screens are this fragile, I don't want another Epic!

I just wanted to share this and warn other of just how fragile these screens are.

Be careful!

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
What the heck? My phone dropped off a table 3 feet off the ground and landed on a concrete/wood combo surface. Not even a scratch.

rmartin

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
My wife dropped hers about 3 feet onto ceramic tile floor and it was fine. It did have a hard snap on case on it though.

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Mine was bare. I honestly can't believe it survived that drop. On the computer and I turn around to go to get something and I hear a large clank on the floor and then I realized that my Epic was in my lap the whole time. I slowly looked on the floor and grabbed it. After a thorough examination, not one difference to the pre-dropped phone.

happasaiyan

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
dropped mine onto ceramic tile from waist height ("missed" my pocket) and not even a scratch. i do have an invisible shield, though the phone bounced around

cluckkillerb

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Knocked mine off my bathroom counter, onto the toilet seat(seat closed thank god!) and into the ceramic tub... looks brand new! Bad luck for yours imo :(

Nohl75

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
mine went flying out of my hand when I got out of my jeep, It hit the road, I had a heart attack just about, but I picked it up, not scratch and it was still running perfectly. Had no protectors of any kind. It should not break from falling from a couch

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord