Screen off memo yellow color disappears against white background

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
When you make a screen off memo, the screen is black, and the "ink" color is yellow. I think it looks sharp, but the problem is that later when I look at the Note I made in Samsung notes, the background is white and the yellow "ink" is really hard to read.

Yes, I could change the yellow ink color all together and just use something else when doing a screen off memo, but I like the yellow against the black background, and would like it to change to blue or some other legible color against the white background when viewing in Samsung Notes. Is this possible? Seems like an oversight on their part

keoommen

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
When you make a screen off memo, the screen is black, and the "ink" color is yellow. I think it looks sharp, but the problem is that later when I look at the Note I made in Samsung notes, the background is white and the yellow "ink" is really hard to read.

Yes, I could change the yellow ink color all together and just use something else when doing a screen off memo, but I like the yellow against the black background, and would like it to change to blue or some other legible color against the white background when viewing in Samsung Notes. Is this possible? Seems like an oversight on their part

Doesn't seem like you can change that. I have the same issue with the lavender... great against the black, less so on the white. I noticed if I use a thicker pen stroke, it looks much better on the white. Try that with the yellow.

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
You can change it in settings:

Advanced features > S Pen > Manage S Pen features > Screen off memo > (turn off) Use S Pen signature color

For the yellow pen, it turns the ink to white on a black background. When you later view the note, it's black ink on white.

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
You can change it in settings:

Advanced features > S Pen > Manage S Pen features > Screen off memo > (turn off) Use S Pen signature color

For the yellow pen, it turns the ink to white on a black background. When you later view the note, it's black ink on white.
I appreciate it, but that doesn't solve it. I already knew I could do that. I want yellow on the black background. Not white like the old Notes. I also want it to change to blue when viewing in Samsung notes with the white background

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't seem like you can change that. I have the same issue with the lavender... great against the black, less so on the white. I noticed if I use a thicker pen stroke, it looks much better on the white. Try that with the yellow.
That would help, but yellow is so close to white, it still just doesn't show up

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Maybe this will come with an update, As Flossy Carter also said, why can't we have any colour on screen off memo and also why can't we change the default background when we come to view the note, Come on Samsung, get on it!

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I guess I can understand yellow or purple ink, because it's a marketing thing to tie in the color of the stylus... But to force bright yellow over the top of a white background, once you go in to view the Note? That's ridiculous. You can't even see the thing. It's annoying, because it isn't logical they would do it this way, and the fix is very easy
Maybe this will come with an update, As Flossy Carter also said, why can't we have any colour on screen off memo and also why can't we change the default background when we come to view the note, Come on Samsung, get on it!

veggie59

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Okay....not sure if this will help as I am sort of new with the s pen despite having had a N5 for 2 1/2 years. If you write on the home screen...go to your note,,l use a widget. Tap the 3 dots...tap add to home screen. Then got to home screen and tap the settings icon. You have a transparency option on the bottom. Play with that. It turned my Note transparent to my background and added white text.

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I appreciate it, but that doesn't solve it. I already knew I could do that. I want yellow on the black background. Not white like the old Notes. I also want it to change to blue when viewing in Samsung notes with the white background

Ah, sorry. Yeah, it seems Samsung loves to take features away from the Note series instead of give new ones.