Screen Protector.

arab305

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Just fyi for everyone the s8 plus screen protector fits. I was on a mission to find a regular zagg that wasn't a tempered glass screen protector. Was only $22 at best buy mobile store in a mall installed without any bubbles.

GTS21

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Tried out the Verizon curved glass protector for my S9+ today, and not happy with it. The sides keep coming up. Had a feeling that would happen. Any protectors out there that are not prone to this? Thanks

uvarules

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
No issues with the IQ 5 days in. Adheres to the curves just fine, just need to follow the instructions which has you wait about 15-20 minutes after the screen install to push down the edges on the curves.

KP8819

Mar 10, 2018
Visit site
Just an update after about a month of heavy use. Still zero issues with Whitestone Domed... Been hearing a lot of negative stuff about it but its held up great for me. Looks & feels like nothing is there. No peeling or sensitive issues & works with every case I've used & I change a decent amount...

bennett22

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Several companies make versions of this. I got this particular one off eBay.
It has a frame to click on the phone and then you line up the protector. Hard to mess up.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e..._trksid%3Dp2057872.m2749.l2649&token=L2z5EGfH

Mav. :cool:

just got this one in the mail today from amazon for my s9. i had a pure gear one on before that and it fell off in about a week, if i didn't get it while it was on sale i probably woulda been pissed. so far i like this one, covers more of the screen and the touch sensitivity is much better with it turned up. i have a little bit of an "oil slick" in the middle of the screen, but you can only really notice it when the screen is off.

Jackson Lewis

Apr 19, 2018
Visit site
I'm hesitating whether I should use a screen protector or not. Personally, I don't want to. However, it costs me a lot and I'm a bit worried about scatching it or something. :'(

mededitornj

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I ordered the Whitestone Dome from Amazon. I watched some YouTube installation videos, took a deep breath, and started the installation process. It was my first time installing this type of screen protector and it installed without a hitch. The actual installation was much easier than I anticipated and I love the results. It looks, feels, and reacts just like the original screen. For me it was definitely worth the price.

Valco18

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
Got the new s9+ on March 16th from BB. And for 25% off, I got a wireless charger, extra charging/data cable and an Otter Defender (all at the same time).
Purchased a ZAGG Glass Curve Elite for $46.00 separately at the same time as well.
The ZAGG cracked when putting it on that night. Went back to BB the next day and they put a plastic ZAGG on it as a temporary fix/courtesy.
Was told by at least 6 different BB mobile employees *that day* that "we should never have had those on the shelf the day the S9s came out---the adhesive is junk and they are going to fix it".

So, after about 5 weeks of going to (and calling) 3 different Best Buys looking for the new & improved Glass Curve Elites with the better adhesive, I gave up.
Finally contacted ZAGG by phone. Girl was nice and said they would send me one out for free,,no shipping either.
I could not get her to admit that the adhesive was bad on the first batch back in March--she said this was the first she'd heard of it but whatever.
So here's the big question---Should I roll the dice, open the package and put this thing on? hoping that it has the new & improved adhesive or, go with something else. (and sell it lol)
I could always send it back if it fails again but I'm tired of futzing around with this issue.
Thanks!

lucianus_luciferus

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I ordered the Whitestone Dome from Amazon. I watched some YouTube installation videos, took a deep breath, and started the installation process. It was my first time installing this type of screen protector and it installed without a hitch. The actual installation was much easier than I anticipated and I love the results. It looks, feels, and reacts just like the original screen. For me it was definitely worth the price.

the whitestone dome is great. the only issue i can see after about 3 weeks of use is that you get some dust and lint collecting around the edge.

KP8819

Mar 10, 2018
Visit site
Is the Whitestone Dome permanent or can you remove it and peel it off

It can be removed... If properly installed its really on there so if you use a hairdryer it will loosen it up so you can pull it off fairly easily. No damage to the phone but there might be some residue - just wipe it off with an alcohol pad and it's good as new...

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
It can be removed... If properly installed its really on there so if you use a hairdryer it will loosen it up so you can pull it off fairly easily. No damage to the phone but there might be some residue - just wipe it off with an alcohol pad and it's good as new...
Got it thanks.

robertkoa

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Yes I had 3 different tempered glass screens on my Galaxy Alpha over a few years - I was surprised that the screens really absorbed the impacts and cracked - leaving the gorilla glass screen unaffected.

The Alpha was/ is a much more rugged phone than S9 ( super rigid frame and only flat glass on front ) BUT the S9 is like the Alpha on steroids = great phone and very good laptop computer .

So I want a great screen protector - I think the curved screen is cool but flat better for me ..I will be watching here to see which tempered screens work best.

Too bad the tempered screen protectors seem to be more problematic on the CURVES-
I prefer the adhesives they used on the flat screens and possibly make them a hair smaller in width to not interfere with thin clear cases. I use the clear Otterbox Symmetry..

Just got S9 and love it ...I want a protector so descriptions of what works will help .

I see the videos with that LOCA glue running across the screen and think:

You REALLY need to tape the border below the glassline with non residue painter's tape in case that LOCA [ LOCO ?] glue runs down onto controls speakers etc. Don't you think ?

1] Why doesn't the flat screen glue adhesive all the way across work ?Why the new stuff ?

2] Will a slightly narrower Tempered Screen that goes to 1/64" or so near original screen allow air bubbles to escape more easily AND allow no conflict with cases ?