Screen Recorder not accessible

Songbird_70

Nov 5, 2023
Visit site
My device is Android 11. I swiped down quick settings to find Screen Recorder. It wasn't there, so swiped on to the second page of quick settings. It wasn't there either, so I tapped on the +sign and i got a set of buttons top of the screen with the heading 'available buttons.' I did see the screen recorder button there but it isn't enabled or activated. Would appreciate some information how to access the option to activate or enable the screen recorder. Screenshot attached.

Attachments

• and forum.jpg
    and forum.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 11

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
There are many many Samsung devices with the name "Galaxy." We need the actual model name or number, which you can find in Settings>About Phone.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I know screen recording was introduced on Samsung flagships around the S10 series not sure the mid-range device will have it

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
In your screenshot what's highlighted is take a screenshot which is different from screen recording so just to verify which one are you referring to?

Songbird_70

Nov 5, 2023
Visit site
I am referring to screen recording. I am aware that image says "screenshot." But the button is the same as for screen recording. At the top, it also says "available buttons." If those buttons are available, there would be a way to enable them .. as I understand. If I am able to access it, it's likely that button may be for screen recording as well as screenshot. I also wish there was a simpler way for screenshot. At the moment I use the volume + power button simultaneously for screenshots which isn't too convenient.

Last edited:

Songbird_70

Nov 5, 2023
Visit site
I read in various tutorials where they said built-in screen recording is definitely available in Android 11 of Samsung galaxy AO3s and later models. Android 13 of Samsung does have it for sure. Samsung galaxy AO3s was released in 2021 .. S10 series probably started earlier in 2019. So, it's a bit puzzling why I am not able to use the recorder in my Android 11 device.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings>Apps, tap the Menu button and then Show System, and look for Screen Recorder -- is it Disabled? If so, make sure to Enable it and then try again.

(I don't currently have access to my Galaxy A32 5G, so I can't confirm that there's a Screen Recorder system app, but check just in case.)

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings>Apps, tap the Menu button and then Show System, and look for Screen Recorder -- is it Disabled? If so, make sure to Enable it and then try again.
I can't find Screen Recorder under "Settings > Apps > tap the Menu button and then Show System, " . . . but it is present in the quick Settings drop panel, in Android 13, UI 5.1.
Please pardon my ignorance, but what do users typically use Screen Recorder for? 😳

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Take a screenshot and screen record is not the same button, Take screen shot when touched will take a screenshot of your screen and screen record will take a video of your screen.

Go to settings>advanced features>screen shot and recording
c252677543444de828fc3c950db55588.jpg
e468922154cde7bfa9dfabdf01f369ec.jpg
bbcfa26f554af940013400966f2bdf5a.jpg

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Songbird_70

Nov 5, 2023
Visit site
Thanks a lot. But I am only getting the screenshots not videos. I suppose your device has a more recent version of android .. because I don't see the same options as in your screenshots. There's no mention of "screen recorder" anywhere.

Settings>advanced features>screen shot and recording

Attaching the following screenshot images on what it shows in my device:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 5

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yeah that's my s23u on Android 14 but it's been there for awhile, makes me think even more your device doesn't have the option but can't really comment on that as I always had Samsung flagship , it's same on my Fold 5 android 14 also

Songbird_70

Nov 5, 2023
Visit site
I guess my only option would be to download the screen recorder app from google store. The reason I prefer the inbuilt app is because it's add-free. But at the moment I don't have any other choice. Can you recommend which screen recording app would be most suitable at google store?

It is indeed perplexing why I am experiencing this problem. I purchased this phone less than 2 years ago and it was new, not refurbished. Seems to me like a manufacturing error.

Songbird_70

Nov 5, 2023
Visit site
A friend of mine suggested to make sure media and mic permissions are toggled on otherwise it can result in missing video and even audio. But obviously that's not the case here. I am getting clear audio and can also download & save videos wherever download permission is available.