Screen timeout when looking at Notifications on the Lock Screen

PostmanPat

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
OK, so its a weird issue I'm seeing, if the screen is off and I press the power button to check a notification or whatever the screen comes on for about 10 seconds and if I don't unlock it, it will then switch off (which is what I want it to do to save battery power).
However, if I press the power button and see I have a notification and I swipe down from the top bar to read the emails without unlocking the phone, it will register the touches in terms of the notifications being opened (eg two finger swipe to expand email etc) but it doesn't register the touches in terms of restarting the 10 second timer.
I often find I'll press the power button, see an email, expand it to check what its about and the screen goes off while I'm reading the email even if I've only just touched the screen.

Its not the end of the world or anything as I can always turn it back on and open up the email app, but if I can fix it that it would be great!

Hopefully my explanation makes sense, anyone else seeing this?
I'm running BB from 8-3

PostmanPat

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: Screen timeout when looking at Notifications on the Lock Scre

D'oh I figured as much... oh well I guess I'll have to keep that quiet from my iPhone buddies! :-[

Canuckfan

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

I've also wondered about this as well and if there was any workaround. Hopefully we can eventually find a solution.

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site

Increase your screen time out. 30sec is more then enough time to check your notifications :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRG582