Screen won't rotate in Gallery

Rufinoman

Jul 28, 2017
Visit site
Auto rotate is on and works with all other apps, but won't rotate when viewing photos in Gallery for landscape view.
I'm not sure if it's related to the latest updates, but it's an odd one.

allysisa

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi there try this ..... Press and hold the rotate icon and a drop down menu will appear slide rotate on the home screen or see if gallery is in there X

Not sure if it will help X

Rufinoman

Jul 28, 2017
Visit site
Hi there try this ..... Press and hold the rotate icon and a drop down menu will appear slide rotate on the home screen or see if gallery is in there X

Not sure if it will help X

Thanks for your reply.
This is what I have, but gallery doesn't show. I can set it to manual so that a rotate icon appears so that I can rotate manually.
auto-rotate.jpg

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks. I cleared the cache, force stopped gallery, restarted the phone but Gallery still doesn't rotate automatically.
I feel a hard reset coming on anyway, since I've never done one since buying the phone, so I imagine that will fix the issue.
Cheers.
Then try clearing data and force stop but back everything up

monkeycsk

Nov 30, 2017
Visit site
Auto rotate is on and works with all other apps, but won't rotate when viewing photos in Gallery for landscape view.
I'm not sure if it's related to the latest updates, but it's an odd one.
you can swipe down on your phone to check the 'auto rotate' icon to make sure it's on and that it does not show a lock.