Screen won't shut off during phone calls.

ncbryan

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Just got the DNA this morning and have taken a few phone calls with it since. For some reason, I can't get the screen to go dim during calls. My face is hitting the buttons on the screen like the mute button and it is causing issues during calls. I have looked in phone settings and can't seem to find any settings that would fix this. Can anyone let me know if you are having this problem and if so, is there any way to fix it? The phone should automatically go dim during calls when the phone is against the ear and automatically come back on when removed from the ear. Mine is NOT.

Thanks,
Bryan

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, not having the problem. I know you just got the device, but maybe a system restore would do the trick.

Steve

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

jamdmyers

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Seems ok here as well, you could by chance have a phone with a bad proximity sensor, Take a run back to your vZ store and work with one of their guys there, if they can't get it to work you can then kindly ask for a exchange.

storm822

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I only have that issue if I try use my shoulder to hold phone. I think it does this bc the top of phone is too far from face. if I hold with my hand no issues at all

ncbryan

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I just spent about 30 minutes on a phone call and found that if I hold the phone pretty tight to my ear, the screen goes off as it should. If I get the phone loose on my ear, it goes on and off and my cheek activates buttons on the screen. So I guess the solution is to hold it tight to my ear?

Bryan

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord