Selling unactivated phone on Swappa?

anon(181017)

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
My 6-month old Droid Turbo died completely last week, Verizon has already sent me a "like new" warranty replacement. I mostly liked the Turbo and am considering keeping it, but am also thinking about selling it and waiting for the G4... I'm currently using my GS3, which despite some wifi issues should get me through to the G4 launch. I've already confirmed with Verizon that I don't have to activate my replacement Turbo, as long as I sent the dead one back (which I did).

My question is - are there any pros/cons to activating my Turbo and using it before wiping and selling it on Swappa, vs selling it without activating it? It's refurbished so I can't list it as "New" either way, and I'm sure I can list it as "Mint" even if I use it for a couple weeks. Using it for a couple weeks may help me decide if I want to keep it or go to a G4, but I wonder if I can get more for it if I can say it is refurbished but I never activated it...

The refurbished Turbo also came with a new, unopened SIM. If I activate it, I assume I can just use my old SIM instead? If I sell it, do I include the unopened SIM, or is it still linked to my account since it shipped with the replacement phone? I know a buyer can get a free SIM from Verizon to activate it, but thought it might be a bonus if I included it and save them a trip to the store. Of course I don't want to do that if it's linked to my account in any way...

Thanks!

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Never include a sim in the sale IMHO.
I have bought from swappa and just bought a turbo last week. As long as the esn? Number is clean read their guidelines for defining mint vs fair etc.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky