set notifications to make sound even if on silent/vibrate from single application or text sender?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have some home security/automation/hobby items that send me notifications in the event of a failure or reading that is out of my set parameters. This includes push notifications in the app, a text message and an email message.

Last night, I received alerts like this on my phone after I was asleep, however my phone is usually set to silent or vibrate, so I did not wake up to any of the notifications.

I am looking for an app or setting that will allow me to set Always on sound no matter what type of settings.

I want my alert to make noise if my phone is on silent, vibrate, do not disturb, or any combo of the 3. Any help greatly appreciated

Dirtrider225

Jan 4, 2021
Visit site
Which phone?
Have you tried DND?

I'll leave a Link to register so you can communicate here as a guest account you can only post questions but can't reply

https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=409154

Thank you,

I am using a pixel 2 xl.

I have set the DnD settings to allow the notifications through, but this only works if the phone is set to sound during the day, which isnt realistic for me.

In a perfect world, I would be able to give a push notification or a contact for text message a setting to always make noise, no matter what my other phone settings are.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thank you,

I am using a pixel 2 xl.

I have set the DnD settings to allow the notifications through, but this only works if the phone is set to sound during the day, which isnt realistic for me.

In a perfect world, I would be able to give a push notification or a contact for text message a setting to always make noise, no matter what my other phone settings are.
Hi, welcome to AC!

Hmm..you might have to root to achieve what your looking for , I'll move this to the pixel 2xl forum to see if any other member can come up with something.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! If you don't use Starred Contacts for any other reason, you could potentially designate that app's "address" as your only Starred Contact, and then set Do Not Disturb to have an exception only for Starred Contacts.

EDIT: Oh wait, I just read more closely that you'd want it to happen also when the phone isn't on DND during the day ..

Dirtrider225

Jan 4, 2021
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! If you don't use Starred Contacts for any other reason, you could potentially designate that app's "address" as your only Starred Contact, and then set Do Not Disturb to have an exception only for Starred Contacts.

EDIT: Oh wait, I just read more closely that you'd want it to happen also when the phone isn't on DND during the day ..

unfortunately I already have that setup, and that works fine so long as my ringer is on loud during the day. but with the number of other notifications I get I usually turn it off as it inturrupts my meetings

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred