Setting up my Moto G Power especially Storage

desert turtle

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Setting up my Moto G Power

1) trying to understand SD Card in Moto G power. I am adding a 64 GB SanDisk SD Card. I thought I would be able to mount it like my old Moto G. I have formatted it. I thought I would be able to mount it but don't see that option. I did move my google photos to the SD card.

What I hated about my recent Galaxy J7 was that every time I had a system update I had to go through and move files again and again and again...they would revert back to internal. Is that going to happen here?

Do I want to use Storage Manager?

2) Also I do NOT want my google files accessible to the phone. Is there a way to block it from someone changing it.

3) Didn't find an option in profile for this specific model of Moto G (Power) / Which one should I use?

thank you so much for your help!

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Which Moto G Power model do you have? Are you trying to set the SD card as internal/adoptable storage? I think this option is no longer available in recent models.

I'm not sure what you mean in your second point.

About the profile question. AC are not adding new models in that list anymore, you have to add it manually.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings>Storage -- do you see any options there to format the card? If so, see if it gives you the option to format as Internal Storage vs Portable Storage.

Are you saying you don't want your Google Drive to be accessible on the phone? If so, go to Settings>Accounts, select your Google account, and turn off the Drive sync toggle.

desert turtle

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Thank you both for your timely feedback. I did confirm that " I think this option is no longer available in recent models." is true.

I was not able to figure out how to sync google photo's but not g.drive so ... I just cleaned it up and removed anything that was to personal. It's probably something I don't need to worry about but I don't understand the technology enough to trust that piece. On the bright side I am loving fingerprint sign on. :)

Thank you for your help!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Device doesn't support adoptable storage. Meaning you can't install apps on the SD storage. Just photos and music etc.

Oh, did Moto finally give up on Adoptable Storage? Probably a good thing -- their implementation of it on previous phones often seemed wonky.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d