severe water damage?

captivedroid

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
A few hours ago, I spilled some stuff on my Note 9. I went to the kitchen sink and washed it down real quick.

An hour later, I found a warning notification about water damage. Then I wanted to take a camera picture, but the phone screen is blanked out. And when I try to call someone, the receiver audio is really really ridiculously tinny tiny sound.

I've used an air duster and sprayed at the nooks and crannys for a long while.

Also, for the first time, upon closer examination, it seems that the front camera is "peeled off" inside, showing some silver weaving or something. My fingerprint sensor is already peeled off...

Actually, I see moisture dew in all my cameras... Will that pass?

cD

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Water tends to cause corrosion on the connections, it's possible it would work again if completely taken apart and cleaned of corrosion with an electronics cleaner and small brush. I successfully restored an S3 that way many years ago to perfect working condition. I've also failed to get another phone working by doing that.

captivedroid

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
So... I got my note 9 over 2 years ago, and now I see the price has gone down 50% since I've bought it.

I'm still partial to my note 9. The latter Galaxy versions don't appeal to me because the S-Pen, no memory slot and headphone jack.

What would you guys do?

cD

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
Take it to a ubreakIfix dealer and see if they can do anything with it. Or, buy another device if you absolutely must have another Note 9. Samsung is currently selling them for 400 right now, but I am sure you can find it for cheaper.

If you have the 128gb version, you could technically even "upgrade," your Note 9 and find a 512GB version on Swappa used for around 400 bucks.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
So... I got my note 9 over 2 years ago, and now I see the price has gone down 50% since I've bought it.

I'm still partial to my note 9. The latter Galaxy versions don't appeal to me because the S-Pen, no memory slot and headphone jack.

What would you guys do?

cD
Get a quote as mentioned see if not to expensive to repair

captivedroid

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Yo, so I'm thinking of selling off my OG Note 9... but since it had some possible damage, I was wondering if there were any apps that could self-diagnose the phone.

I've tried Antutu and Geekbench. Apparently, I can't add/find Antutu's plugin addons through Antutu's app that takes me to GooglePlay.

Thoughts, anyone?

cD

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I doubt apps can detect physical damage. That's something that would show up in the course of usage, and how it manifests can depend a lot on the type of damage and what component was affected.