SGN 10.1 2014 Ed WiFi vs LTE.

zef05

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Silly question.
Wifi only with 16gb Internal + 64gb microsd for $690.

OR

LTE with 32gb internal, no microsd for $790

I don't like contracts so there.

Also which is better?
1.9ghz Octacore or 2.3 Quadcore?
(I think octa beats quad anytime, but I could be mistaken)

Please help me out.
Will buy whatever is best.

Thanks!

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
If your phone has a Hotspot, the LTE version isn't really necessary. Maybe a bit more convenient, but not necessary. Not worth the extra cost

Where are you getting your prices? I recently bought a wifi 32 gig for $549 and no tax with free shipping from Amazon. I added a class 10 32 gig name brand SD card for $20

That's the sweet spot, I think.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

zef05

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I got it from Samsung Store here 8n thr Philippines. Kinda steep huh? Well. Guess I'll get the wifi one. Thanks! :)

Batman8888

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I too bought the wifi 32GB for $549 from Best Buy. I agree with Misterb, LTE isn't really necessary if you can tether, and microSD cards can be found pretty cheaply everywhere these days...so I would surely suggest the wifi version and I feel that the quad-core is better than the octa-core from what I've read.

drmrw2

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Yeah the quadcore is supposed to be better, it's in the note 3 I believe. however it probably sucks up more battery power given that it runs faster, perhaps not, but typically faster more powerful processors suck up more juice unless they are somehow optimized. I think it needs the quad core because of the LTE, this is what they did in the NOTE 3 phones that are LTE capable.

zef05

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Ok. So you think I should buy the LTE version?
If it ia better, I want that. I don't wanna settle for anything less. My note 3 is LTE. And yeah. Sucks up juice pretty fast. But I have a power bank so thats ok.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 4

drmrw2

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I think that I would have gotten the LTE if I had stopped and thought about it, I won't use mine for gaming so much, so I don't think that the lesser processor is a big deal, but especially if you like gaming on the tablet I would definitely go with the more capable processor.

zef05

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I will definitely use it for gaming.
But the main purpose is for business actually.
Eveything in the philippines is sooo expensive because of tax. The LTE version us axtually unavailable here. I have to order it from somewhere its been released.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 4