Question should I buy a CUBOT KingKong Power on Amazon?

ethmcg16

Nov 26, 2023
Visit site
alright so i want a CUBOT KingKong Power, and i wanna know from other ppl if it's a good phone. ik it's 1 of the lesser known Android manufacturers n someone ik keeps telling me they're lesser known bc their phones r crappy. is that true?Screenshot_20240106_200720_Amazon Shopping.jpg

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
I can not see how you can go wrong. Not only does it have a $20 coupon right now, but the night vision is expandable () , and as for storage space? Luxuriate () in 256 GB of ROM. < sarcasm
P. S. On Woot, you could get a Note 10 for about the same money, or an S9 for under $100. There are others too. I suggest a more established mfr.
Good luck

• Haha
Reactions: rvbfan and B. Diddy

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's just not worth it. These off-brand manufacturers like Cubot, Doogee, and Ulefone pack a lot of impressive-sounding specs (and unlike a lot of really shady manufacturers on sites like Wish and Aliexpress, the abovementioned brands actually don't modify the device's system settings to lie about their specs). But the big risk is with quality control. These brands tend to have more problems with buggy hardware and software, so even though they seem like a good value, the resulting headaches will not make them worth your while.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
This is only the 2nd time I've ever heard of that brand... the first time was here a month or 2 ago, and I just heard the name mentioned, I had no idea what kind of device it was... I thought maybe it was an android tv box to be honest ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

I have heard of Doogee and Ulefone before though.

I think I need to start watching smoorez again to stay a little more up to date on the bargain Chinese scene 😉

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
There is a saying I like to use, buy cheap, buy twice.

I understand that not everyone has overflowing coffers, but there is both a vast difference and a fine line between getting a bargain and buying a lemon. As others suggest, go for a slightly older but still supported midrange reconditioned device like an A series Pixel or Galaxy. Or something from Xiaomi/Redmi if they are available in your region. Maybe a Oneplus Nord or Ace...

Munk.3

Dec 16, 2023
Visit site
Cool look, yes. Cool sounding features, sounds like marketing gimmik that every consumer uses for 1 month then forgets.

Listen I have this unbranded device off of amazon that I'm modding to learn android better, and its given me the most headaces . (I mean they stated it had restrictions, and they did this for their own reason. But I bought it to try and reverse engineer their crap, because it could help me learn and bee a decent device to msss with)

But if you trying to buy a phone to use, daily, then NO. The China manf. knows how to gut the device well. So unless your going to try and mod the device yourself, then its simple NO.

But if you just wanna mess around and have fun torturing the device. Then perhaps. (I didn't check price of your device...jus saying)

If it were me, an I'd want a Chinese phone, then maybe something big named from China. Xiaomi, huwaei, etc...

But cool looking 📱it got that King Kong power 🙉 😂😂😂

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali