Shuts off 2 seconds after Samsung Logo screen

happyface sadface

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
I have a problem: I rebooted my phone and now I can't boot back in. I have not modified any software like gain root or installed a custom rom. My current battery is at 76% (checked on a different phone).

When I pull out the battery and place it back in, I feel my phone vibrate and then I see the "Samsung Galaxy S4" logo. Then it shuts off 2 seconds after that. I have tried:

- Get into recovery mode with volume up, power, and home buttons. But same thing: samsung logo shows and shuts off in 2 seconds.

- Get into the custom rom warning page with volume down, power, home buttons. I see the warning page, but phone shuts off after 2 seconds

- Replace battery with another battery. No change; same problem happens

- Cleaned the gold connectors on the battery and phone. No change; same problem happens.

- Tap against the power button to make sure it's not stuck. Doesn't seem stuck because I can feel the button push back. No change; same problem happens.

- Unscrew the backplate and side panel, leaving the circuits exposed. The power button is exposed here too, and clicking/holding it down does nothing.

Cannot take into store because warranty is expired. Is there anything else I can do?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! If there's an SD card inserted, try removing it. Otherwise, my guess would be that the Power button or the motherboard itself is failing, and would require a trip to your local repair shop (or a new phone).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aitana135332