*Sigh* Data / Charge cable no longer works

cg1492

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Well not even a month old and the data charge cable no longer works. I have tried both the charger and computer on both the tab and dock and neither register. Is this something asus would warrenty? I really don't want to buy one when its not even a month old. :'(

cg1492

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Can these cables be found in stores? I am annoyed that I am going to have to wait to use my tab till I get a new cable.

cg1492

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I went to the office depot by my house and they only had the cable / charger combo for 29.99. I just want the cable. I ordered 2 from amazon and sent a email to asus asking them if they would replace the cable since it was not even a month old. I am also thinking about just taking it back to best buy altogether. Right now I am not too happy :'(

mgullick

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't have paid for a replacement. Best Buy has a 30 day return. I would have returned the entire thing for a new unit with a new charger.

cg1492

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't have paid for a replacement. Best Buy has a 30 day return. I would have returned the entire thing for a new unit with a new charger.

That is still a possability, I wanted additional charge cords anyways, I wanted to have one always plugged into the wall charger, one in the desktop, and one for travel.

cg1492

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Took the tab back to best buy, they tested the tab with their charger and the tab wasn't taking a charge with their charger either. Exchanged the tab for a new one and had them test the keyboard doc and that took a charge from their charger. So as it turns out the tab and charger went bad, so replaced for a brand new unit. pretty sad went bad after 3 weeks, good thing I bout a 1 year replacement warrenty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kazank