Sim Card Authorization Error

KayIslandDrunk

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else seeing this today? Mine started about two hours ago (10:30 CST) and I've been stuck on 3G ever since.

Reboot, Sim Card pull, nothing seems to fix.

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Verizon's 4G network has been up and down today. If the 4G service is out in your area you will get the SIM card authorization error until the 4G network is back up.

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I've gotten the sim error message a couple times over the past few hours here in Chicago. When I reboot the phone it goes away and LTE kicks back on. I expect this to happen for the rest of the day.

djousma

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Same here except the Verizon Tech Tier 2 told me I had to replace the SIM card. They offered to send one or told me to go to the store.

I called, and the VZW tech told me to power down, remove the simcard for 30 seconds, then reinstall it, and power back up.

The problem did go away for me.

marktaylor22

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I had this error too. I rebooted and pulled the sim out for 30 seconds then popped it back in, powered it back on, and it worked.. I was stuck in 3G for about 10 min before 4G finally kicked back on.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Tried that and still having issues but the phone seems to be working fine, 3G only here but that is what my other devices are getting.

ksanger35

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Mine gave me the error message yesterday for the first time. Rebooted twice but it came back. Then removed SIM card, reinstalled, and so far its lasted 12 hours. Hope they fix this soon. Big FUBAR.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Mine gave me the error message yesterday for the first time. Rebooted twice but it came back. Then removed SIM card, reinstalled, and so far its lasted 12 hours. Hope they fix this soon. Big FUBAR.

The software update should that came out last nigh should fix this.

robocp4

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I've gotten the sim error message a couple times over the past few hours here in Chicago. When I reboot the phone it goes away and LTE kicks back on. I expect this to happen for the rest of the day.

This has happened to me both yesterday and this morning. Its all good now. But I get a sim card icon and the no service indicator. Ive had the phone since Sat and its been great. But to clear it i just rebooted it and it seemed fine. Anyone else with this problem?

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
This has happened to me both yesterday and this morning. Its all good now. But I get a sim card icon and the no service indicator. Ive had the phone since Sat and its been great. But to clear it i just rebooted it and it seemed fine. Anyone else with this problem?

This is a recurring issue with all Verizon 4G phones that use a micro SIM card (but mostly effects the RAZR). It has nothing to do with the phone itself there is nothing wrong with the phone. Every so often a phone needs to re-authorize itself with the network and when it fails this is the result. You can remove the SIM card and/or reboot the phone but the issue isn't with the phone itself. It has gotten better than it has in the past though so hopefully they tweak everything and it eventually goes away.