Sim card issues?

PortablePete

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Anyone experiencing issues calling or texting due a error communicating with the Sim card? I get it about every 5th call and about every 3rd text. Weird.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi, does your area have a outage ? I heard some Att and Tmobile customers had experience this I believe west coast .

Last edited:

PortablePete

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
It would say no service available, Sim card error. And the texts would say text unable to be sent. Also got mass texts from earlier that seem to be delivered in batches.

Johnson21x

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Found the Sim card was at fault. These s21's need the new 5g Sim. All is well now.

Really? I just pulled out the non 5g sim from my s9 and put it in my s21 and it worked just fine. I even got 5g is some places where i live. Where i didnt with my s9.

But glad you found the answer so quick

Johnson21x

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
johnson21, the card was originally in my note 4! The s21 is my first 5g phone.

Wow:eek: note 4! that crazy. After reading this , i decided to go and look for the Tmobile sim that came with my s21plus. Had it activated and put it in my phone. It does seem a bit better in terms of speed and coverage. Guess its a good thing.

PortablePete

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Frustrating problem with Sim Card Error solved!

So I was getting ready to ship my phone back being within the 14 day period due to getting Sim card errors. Not being able to consistently make calls or texts. It would really do it more when connected to wifi. So the true work around is enabling developer mode, enable cellular connection when on wifi. Problem is gone. And may I say samsung customer service has turned to garbage. A hot steaming pile of garbage...

kikbxr1969

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Re: Frustrating problem with Sim Card Error solved!

So I was getting ready to ship my phone back being within the 14 day period due to getting Sim card errors. Not being able to consistently make calls or texts. It would really do it more when connected to wifi. So the true work around is enabling developer mode, enable cellular connection when on wifi. Problem is gone. And may I say samsung customer service has turned to garbage. A hot steaming pile of garbage...

Would this be the setting you are referring to?
SmartSelect_20210303-104747_Settings.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gashead