Sim Lock

Krolt

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Don't press it! (in advanced settings)
I am old and stupid, but I am positive on my Oneplus phones, I could lock the sim to the phone and if it was removed it was locked to my PIN.

So I thought I would do this on my P2P after reading someone lost a fortune due to 2 step fraud.

So I slid the slider button to on :) No warnings straight away: Sim is disabled, enter PUK to continue 10 attempts remaining.....
powered off removed SIM and wrote down the number on it... wrong.. 9 attempts. This was about a minute past eight. My Carrier (Three) go home at eight.

Phone is a brick with the Sim in so, went on line on my PC to log into account and see if anything is there: "please enter the number we just test you"

Never had a problem like this and maybe a "are you sure /do you know your PUK, or indeed what a PUK is? message would help others like me.

Reactions: Kizzy Catwoman

Krolt

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I do :) sadly it's not there. Quite annoyed. I called them last night (three) and it said closed at 2000.
I waited until 0800. and I didn't speak to anyone anyway! a load of options, confirmed DOB and post code and a recorded message gave me the number.
Not sure why they couldn't do that last night as no human was involved.
I want to click it again to see if I can turn it off... but I'll save that for a braver day. :)

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I do :) sadly it's not there. Quite annoyed. I called them last night (three) and it said closed at 2000.
I waited until 0800. and I didn't speak to anyone anyway! a load of options, confirmed DOB and post code and a recorded message gave me the number.
Not sure why they couldn't do that last night as no human was involved.
I want to click it again to see if I can turn it off... but I'll save that for a braver day. :)

The worst part of it is that Three customer service is based in India so why close so early? And I agree if it is automated why not make it 24/7

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174