Simplexity Preorder Updates (wirefly / newegg / target / etc.)

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I had this correspondence with a Newegg rep on Sunday.

Me :Do you know when my info will be sent to Verizon for approval? Right now it is just sitting in 'Order Received' status. Also, do you know if the phone will ship by or before the 5/23 release date?

Newegg Rep:Thank you for contacting our Customer Service Department.

I understand your concern completely. According to the order details the requested phone is scheduled to be launch on 5/23/2013. Once the device would be available in our distribution center then only we would be able to process the order further for shipment. I would suggest you to wait till 5/23/2013 to get the next update on the order.

All in all not sounding like anything before 5/23.

that0n3guy

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I just talked to someone from WireFly chat support and according to him the phones will be shipping Friday (May 24th). That's sort of disappointing to me as I am going out of town for a few weeks Saturday and I was hoping to have it before I left. I may end up cancelling my order and trying to get one in-store on Thursday.

addicted2tech

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I just talked to someone from WireFly chat support and according to him the phones will be shipping Friday (May 24th). That's sort of disappointing to me as I am going out of town for a few weeks Saturday and I was hoping to have it before I left. I may end up cancelling my order and trying to get one in-store on Thursday.

That is disappointing, I too am leaving out of town on Saturday. Luckily I will be driving, so I can potentially delay what time I leave at if there is an expected delivery on Saturday.

And no CC charges yet for me either.

that0n3guy

May 18, 2013
Visit site
That is disappointing, I too am leaving out of town on Saturday. Luckily I will be driving, so I can potentially delay what time I leave at if there is an expected delivery on Saturday.

And no CC charges yet for me either.

I need to be on a plane at around 6 AM so I don't think that's really an option for me.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I would think Newegg would get their supply on the 23rd and ship the 24th. FedEx normally does not deliver on Saturdays unless you opt to pay more. One business day would put it on target for a Monday delivery. Maybe some folks will get lucky and get theirs Saturday.....

that0n3guy

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I would think Newegg would get their supply on the 23rd and ship the 24th. FedEx normally does not deliver on Saturdays unless you opt to pay more. One business day would put it on target for a Monday delivery. Maybe some folks will get lucky and get theirs Saturday.....

The representative who I spoke to was adamant that they would take around 24 hours to get the shipments out and receive them on Thursday which would put the shipping date as Friday. I was under the impression (based solely on researching past preorders through Simplexity based companies) that it would ship the day before it was available in stores.

I am Fake Jesus

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
People that prep ordered from Verizon seem to be getting there's early. I'm fine with waiting an extra day seeing I saved money from newegg. I never pre ordered thru these sites. Mine is just sitting on payment received with carrier approval next empty. This what everyone else's says?

Sent from a Nexus a galaxy far far away...

Klessc

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Pre-ordered my S4 though newegg, still sitting with one check on order recived hope it gets passed the carrier approval by tomorrow would be nice to have it before the weekend.

addicted2tech

May 31, 2011
Visit site

According to this, FedEx does provide Saturday Delivery w/ FedEx overnight and 2 day deliveries. Looks like maybe even FedEx Home Delivery too.

that0n3guy

May 18, 2013
Visit site
According to this, FedEx does provide Saturday Delivery w/ FedEx overnight and 2 day deliveries. Looks like maybe even FedEx Home Delivery too.

According to this paragraph: "FedEx Home Delivery serves 100 percent of residential addresses even on Saturdays (at no additional charge) and evenings, and is supported by a money-back guarantee.*" you're correct. I wasn't aware of that, I know that UPS charges extra for Saturday delivery.

kittygetwet

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Yes FedEx does a normal level of service for Saturday for a minimal extra fee as opposed to UPS. BUT!!! Don't get your hopes up especially with them making the business day distinction in the freight info on order "Next Business Day FedEx Shipping." We will have to wait and see, but don't count on Saturday and keep your hopes reasonable.

that0n3guy

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Yes FedEx does a normal level of service for Saturday for a minimal extra fee as opposed to UPS. BUT!!! Don't get your hopes up especially with them making the business day distinction in the freight info on order "Next Business Day FedEx Shipping." We will have to wait and see, but don't count on Saturday and keep your hopes reasonable.

I ended up paying $12 more for an upgrade to Next Business Day Shipping (ordered from WireFly) a couple minutes ago. If my wife ends up shipping me the phone while I'm out of stay it probably would have ended up costing that much additionally and at least there is some chance that I'll get my phone before I have to leave. I just wish there was some consistency between reps, one says that they're shipping Thursday, another says Wednesday, some say Friday, it's really hard to tell at the moment.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
The representative who I spoke to was adamant that they would take around 24 hours to get the shipments out and receive them on Thursday which would put the shipping date as Friday. I was under the impression (based solely on researching past preorders through Simplexity based companies) that it would ship the day before it was available in stores.

I saw where they posted they won't ship until after Verizon officially releases them. I am assuming they don't get their stock prior to release due to when they will ship.

I am Fake Jesus

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I saw where they posted they won't ship until after Verizon officially releases them. I am assuming they don't get their stock prior to release due to when they will ship.

meh. oh well. either way this release date is better than the original a week later. i can live with my galaxy nexus for a couple extra days if thats the case

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxolina