Simply - Yes or No? Google screwed up this release.

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
No, I decided I wanted it and walked into Sam's club on Saturday and bought it with no line.

I don't know if the issue is the date the b&m's sell it or if it was implied that pre-orders get it first.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Cubfan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
No. Actually pleased the retailers got them quickly. I want lots of these to sell so we get more tablet apps. Nobody bought any special privilege with a presale order. The rage over this is ridiculous.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: paul-c

lochmox

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
today after reading about all this fuss I went to nearest gamestop in my area. apparently people working there said they didn't receive any nexus 7. I'm guessing its just some part of states that started selling nexus 7 by mistake. to be honest I never new there was a store called Sam's til today

codakid2

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Professional educator...the biggest "I'm telling the union on you" gimme gimme's on the planet!.. Ya punched a hole in your own argument!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

Last edited by a moderator:

Pixelated

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Did Google screw up? Yes, they did. There's nothing else to say other than the simple fact, they screwed up.

First and foremost ? I?m a Google user, and virtually always have been. As such, I pre-ordered the tablet directly from them, after seeing the announcement. Of course, I?d assumed that, if ordered directly from Google, we?d at least get it on the day of release. Clearly, that hasn?t happened. As of today, they still haven?t taken the payment off my card or sorted shipping information out. Even though ? like many others ? I paid for the 2 day shipping at additional charge.

However, friends who?ve ordered from PC World have already got their product in hand. As such, I phone to check with PC World directly ? who confirms if I order today ? I?ll get it tomorrow. I phone Google to cancel my order with them? And for some ?mysterious? reason, I can?t. Not only can I not cancel the order, but they couldn?t even tell me when they?d be taking the money from the card or shipping the product.

I hate to complain ? really ? but when you pre-order from Google directly and pay additional shipping price and still don?t get it on the same day (let alone get shafted like this )?. well, it?s just not good enough.

Simply put... this is bull.

keithz

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
@PixelDan

The trolls will tell you that you shouldn't have expected anything for paying more and that you should be a good little sheep and feel grateful for the opportunity to make an extra contribution to Google's shareholders.

keithz

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
YES, no one with a case has had any update whatsoever but foreigners are already getting theres in hand.

Not quite. I ordered a 16GB on the 28th. No case. I haven't heard a thing. No credit card hold. Even today morning.

But I picked one up at Staples, here in Ottawa, on the weekend. So when it comes, it'll be going right back.