Sipdroid with and without bluetooth - issues

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I've been using Sipdroid with my Nexus 4 and encountered a few issues. Does anyone know how to fix these?

1. When using it without bluetooth if the volume of the front speaker (which you put up against your ear) is loud enough for me to hear the other person, they hear an echo (I do not). If I turn down that volume, the echo goes away! This shouldn't make sense. Is the microphone picking up vibrations of the sound form the glass?

2. When using bluetooth, after a few minutes, the call becomes unusable where the other person's voice basically becomes little sound bites. For example, if they said, "Hello, my name is John Doe," I'd hear "H L N H N". It's skipping very rapidly. (This might be the Android 4.2 bluetooth issue, but it doesn't start doing this at the beginning of the call)

bartolo5

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I've tried Sipdroid in many devices and it's essentially garbage when it comes to audio quality. Don't expect any of those issues to ever be resolved on the Nexus 4.

Give CSipSimple a try. It works ok on Nexus 4.

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I've tried Sipdroid in many devices and it's essentially garbage when it comes to audio quality. Don't expect any of those issues to ever be resolved on the Nexus 4.

Give CSipSimple a try. It works ok on Nexus 4.

Other than those issues, it works really well. I've tried CSipSimple but it's not simple. I was unable to get it working. Do you know what settings I do to get it to work with PBXes?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djboulette