Size matters not; judge me by my size do you?

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Out of curiosity, is anyone not sold on the rumored 5.5" size?

In Jedi Masters it may not matter, lol, but in media consumption devices like modern smartphones it kind of does. I for one not thrilled about the (admittedly small) dip in size, but I'd be willing to ignore it if the battery is 3500mah or more :)

But my guess is the battery will be closer to 3000. So, no deal over here...

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
In Jedi Masters it may not matter, lol, but in media consumption devices like modern smartphones it kind of does. I for one not thrilled about the (admittedly small) dip in size, but I'd be willing to ignore it if the battery is 3500mah or more :)

But my guess is the battery will be closer to 3000. So, no deal over here...

So far the rumors are the same 3450 that's in the Nexus 6P, but with a smaller screen, more efficient SoC, etc.

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm not digging the 5.5" squeeze down, but I am open to the possibility that I won't notice the difference.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I like it. 5.7" is too big for me for a phone. If it's 5.5" and smaller than an iPhone 6/7 Plus, I'll be happy.

Saturn1217

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I really wish they had stuck with 5.7". I wanted to try big phones for the first time when I bought the 6p and it turns out I like them. I don't want a downgrade especially when on screen buttons take up a lot of space in most apps.

Obviously it is great that there is a proper small option this year but I wish the large option had stayed large (or even gotten a tiny bit bigger with smaller bezels).

Orion78

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
The screen size alone will prevent me from buying this phone. I have the Nexus 6 and I've been spoiled by the large screen. No way I'm going to go down to 5.5 lmao. I would have accepted at least 5.7 but for whatever reason Google went down to 5.5 smh. Sticking to my N6. It's a damn shame because I really wanted to get excited about getting a new phone but Google ruined that. In fact, Google has ruined alot of things lately.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Kind of wish they would've kept the bigger screen but it's not a deal breaker for me.

I just hope I can get the phone from google and that I don't *have* to buy it from att as I hate dealing with carriers.

I'm kind of excited to see the pixel given the rumors that say it will be a higher end devince. Kind of cool to see google making a flagship.

theduder

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I really wish they had stuck with 5.7". I wanted to try big phones for the first time when I bought the 6p and it turns out I like them. I don't want a downgrade especially when on screen buttons take up a lot of space in most apps.

Obviously it is great that there is a proper small option this year but I wish the large option had stayed large (or even gotten a tiny bit bigger with smaller bezels).
5.7? I wish they had stuck with 6. The Nexus 6 is still the heavyweight champ. Still using mine and considering using it even longer. Until the 6P I had been buying a new Nexus every year...

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
5.5 is fine but I would have loved to see higher battery capacity in both the pixel and Pixel XL. If the 5" pixel had 3000-3200 mAh then definitely would have been my choice. But it being only 2700 mAh I may have to opt for the XL.

oldtimefighter

May 3, 2016
Visit site
The 5.5" size should be perfect for me... I have been wanting to permanently upgrade my Nexus 5 for a while now. I bought the Nexus 6P but returned it because it was just a little to big to carry around. I bought the unlocked HTC 10 and while it's a good phone and little bigger than the N5 still ended up selling it for various reasons after 4 months. Google is hitting the right size for the majority of people wanting a big phone but of course it won't please everyone.

mohit9206

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
I think the point where the size of a phone is bigger than the size of genitals it becomes a problem and jealousy and envy creeps in not to mention taking pics of genitals with a phone that's bigger than what you're trying to capture is difficult. Hence should have kept it at 4.7' or under.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itay85