Skype video call

Garen21

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
So support for video calls came out with certain phones, and XDA made it possible for some other phones not officially supported. Is it possible for us to video call too?

Garen21

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Actually this version of Skype works on Infuse with stock Froyo:
[DEV] Skype Video for Froyo (and GB) - xda-developers (post 407)

I can make video calls and use front camera.

It would still work with a flashed rom right?

Ok so I was just trying to download it, and it doesn't give me any error message or anything, just says "Application not installed." I have enough memory for it and everything. And I've tried downloading My Country from android market and it says not enough memory (I've downloaded other apps just fine), so idk if that has anything to do with i.

Okay, so I uninstalled the regular Skype that I had before and it downloaded. It didn't let me just update it though. But I still have the problem trying to download My Country.

Last edited:

gustp

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
It would still work with a flashed rom right?

Ok so I was just trying to download it, and it doesn't give me any error message or anything, just says "Application not installed." I have enough memory for it and everything. And I've tried downloading My Country from android market and it says not enough memory (I've downloaded other apps just fine), so idk if that has anything to do with i.

Okay, so I uninstalled the regular Skype that I had before and it downloaded. It didn't let me just update it though. But I still have the problem trying to download My Country.
I just uninstalled Skype on my infuse last night and got the same message that there was not enough memory to install. It is a brand new phone with no other apps and the phone memory shows it is nearly completely empty.

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried the official Skype app? The latest update showed compatibility to the SGS2. So I tried it and got it to work. Only drawback, froyo users can't use the front cam. For it to work, GB must be installed. Any of you tried this yet?

also, i first downloaded Qik video before skype(crap version) and on stock froyo we can video chat with BOTH cams. What gives Skype? your flagship software can't even do this without updating the firmware and you own Qik!?! deja vu whenever i'm in a skype thread haha

taxman24

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
So i installed skype. Noticed i couldnt video chat, so checked this thread. clicked on the link, unzipped and tried to install. It didnt work. Uninstalled skype, and tried again. When install would begin, my phone would just restart. After a few tried i decided to.just forget it and wait for.gingerbread.

But now when i try to.install apps, sometimes itll say insufficient space on device. It had not.said this.before, and ive owned this phone 2weeks after its release.

Any help, tips??

taxman24

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I wish i had never tinkered with that link above. I cant.install the yahoo plugin now because i get that same error.message.of.unsufficient space on device :(

Id love to get things back to normal. My phone is not rooted, its stock

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your problems, but that was a willing risk I would have made as well if I didn't try the official skype app first. If you do anything with your phone though, esp. from the XDA site, at least have your phone "rooted". It's required there to install any software the devs offer. That may have broken your OS in some way. Only a couple weeks though, might as well reset to factory install then.

edit* Also, when you installed the official skype, did you check the settings first to enable video chat? It isn't ON by default.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRG582