slightly disappointed

Chris Dontworryaboutit

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, I bought my self and my sister 7t's and while it's nice and some of the features are pretty cool, I feel like some things are lacking. I guess I thought this was going to be a big deal coming from aging LG V30's but it's only a little. For one I can't figure out how to adjust the ring tone and notification volume separately. Also I can't adjust the media volume and Bluetooth volume separately. Every time I get in the car and listen to Pandora, I have to crank l the volume way up but then later ads play really loud when I'm playing a game or something scaring the crap out of me. And don't get started on the new gesture bar in the bottom that only works half the time. Any way I assume in just venting and there really isn't anything I can do. Thanks for reading.

jramo

Dec 19, 2019
Visit site
Anything positive about it? I love mine, it's a lot faster then my Galaxy phone was. I use it for work and run multiple apps in the background and it still runs smooth.

Chris Dontworryaboutit

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
There is no question it's faster. The display is very nice and the camera is great. The negatives I mentioned just seem like a step back and not what I hope for when buying a new phone. The excitement of getting a new device has just been ruined to us I guess.

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, I bought my self and my sister 7t's and while it's nice and some of the features are pretty cool, I feel like some things are lacking. I guess I thought this was going to be a big deal coming from aging LG V30's but it's only a little. For one I can't figure out how to adjust the ring tone and notification volume separately. Also I can't adjust the media volume and Bluetooth volume separately. Every time I get in the car and listen to Pandora, I have to crank l the volume way up but then later ads play really loud when I'm playing a game or something scaring the crap out of me. And don't get started on the new gesture bar in the bottom that only works half the time. Any way I assume in just venting and there really isn't anything I can do. Thanks for reading.

to answer your question you can normalize the Bluetooth audio and regular media audio in the sounds and navigation settings.
Add the 5G McLaren basically the 70 pro. And everything you said I don't have issues with I don't have issues with the gesters they worked flawlessly for me. I have figured out how to do the separate volumes. If you go to the sound and notifications you can separate them there as well as when you press up on the volume rocker and you press more or the settings on that one you can then change them individually now if you're talking about volume for media and Bluetooth they can be normalized.

The jesters it's just something you get used to lgv30 would get the gestures eventually. All phones running Android 10 and above is going to have gestures. And then 7t not oxygen OS gestures.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

Do you have a dropdown menu from the homescreen when you press your volume buttons that you can use? Does this OnePlus phone still have the Alert Slider - maybe that could be useful?

That's too bad about the media/Bluetooth volume. I too sometimes run into that problem - apps are super loud and yet your actual video is quieter. Maybe that's on purpose. 🤣😬

I'm so glad that the speed and display of the phone are satisfactory for you! Hopefully you will find more things to love about it in time.

With regards to the concerns you've mentioned, perhaps YouTube videos and other OnePlus users could be of further assistance. I've found YouTube really helpful with tips and tricks videos for my S10. And, of course, you can search Android Central's vast article base for answers too! 😃

Chris Dontworryaboutit

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Man I don't know if this phone was as good a deal as I thought. Now the biggest issue is the proximity sensor. Does this phone even have one? Every time i take it out of my pocket it's turned on and some app is open. Apparently this happened on my way to bed last night because the alarm went off at 1207 and also set for 122. Now it another thing I have to watch every night. Also Pandora doesn't work right but that could be on Pandora's end. Now I really miss my V30 and am actually considering taking the loss and going back.

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Man I don't know if this phone was as good a deal as I thought. Now the biggest issue is the proximity sensor. Does this phone even have one? Every time i take it out of my pocket it's turned on and some app is open. Apparently this happened on my way to bed last night because the alarm went off at 1207 and also set for 122. Now it another thing I have to watch every night. Also Pandora doesn't work right but that could be on Pandora's end. Now I really miss my V30 and am actually considering taking the loss and going back.

The phone does have a proximity sensor it's infrared and underneath the screen that you cannot see. sometimes you got to restart your phone once a week that is recommended by any Android phone some things that fixes small issues. The phone just got an update to February's update. It would also help if you did a chassis partition wipe. because like I said in my prior post I'm having none of the shoes you have and I basically have the same phone with the 7t pro 5G McLaren