mypupdaisy

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Wife just bought me a Nook Color Friday (3/12). I ran out and got a 4GB micro SD, put Honeycomb on it and really enjoy the whole experience.

Now the question: When I want to read email, load a app, or read Google RSS feeds from one of the apps, it is REALLY slow, this even includes the Nook Reader app. Will this get considerably faster if I move the OS from the SD to internal memory?

Next: Any way to setup dual booting from Nook OS vs Honeycomb on the SD so I don't have to pull the SD out all the time. It's very small and I'm old. Hard to get a good grip on it.

Thanks for the info in advance.

dpakrr

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
hey its usually recommended that you atleast use an 8gb microsd for HC. its alright that you managed to squeeze it onto a 4gb card.

the next question is the class of your card. minimum recommended is a class 6 card. the 'class' indicates the speed, so a class 4 is 4mb/s, 6 is 6mb/s and so on.

i wouldnt recommend HC on the eMMC. it isnt quite stable yet to be used as a daily driver. i would suggest just getting a better class microsd for HC, atleast till a stable HC comes out which can be used as a daily driver and flashed on the eMMC

Last edited:

dpakrr

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
woah that is a great deal. good job!

since u got a better microsd now, you might as well run HC. let me know if you notice any speed difference.

if its still slow, my suggestion would be CyanogenMod 7 (the latest one even has got bluetooth working a little bit), and overclock it to 1.1GHz. android 2.1, 2.2 and 2.3 can be stably overclocked to 1.1GHz on the nookcolor (HC is a hit and a miss on overclock) and it will be breezing fast. but you know, HC has got its novelty factor :D

mypupdaisy

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Thank you! Nice part is, as long as your running off the SD... try try again. If I don't like it, simply put a different image on the SD and boot up again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky