Small Dot on Display

BarbarianCBX

Mar 16, 2017
Visit site
Hi All, I have a very small dark dot on my display screen. It's not on the notifications bar. It's in the area where the screen shortcuts are located. Maybe it's a dead pixel. The phone is a Samsung S8+. Is it fixable? TIA, Mark

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What do you mean by "screen shortcuts" -- are you talking about the homescreen where your app shortcuts are?

Does it show up in a screenshot (if you view the screenshot on another device)?

If you change the orientation of the phone, does the dot stay in the exact same location, or does it adjust with the orientation?

BarbarianCBX

Mar 16, 2017
Visit site
What do you mean by "screen shortcuts" -- are you talking about the homescreen where your app shortcuts are?

Yes, the dot is on the homescreen, but hard to see. It shows better when I open an app that has a white background such as Word.

Does it show up in a screenshot (if you view the screenshot on another device)?

No, it doesn't show on a screenshot when view on another device. It doesn't show on the screenshot when viewed in the S8+ gallery either.

If you change the orientation of the phone, does the dot stay in the exact same location, or does it adjust with the orientation?

The dot stays in the exact same place, no matter the orientation.

Thanks for your help.

BarbarianCBX

Mar 16, 2017
Visit site
First, I thought it was just a piece of dirt on the display. But it won't wipe off. It's small I can hardly see it, about like the size of the sharp end of a straight pin. I was hoping I could toggle a setting to eliminate it. Rebooting didn't eliminate it. Pixel gone bad maybe?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It sounds like a dead pixel. Not much you can do about that, I'm afraid. There are apps claiming to fix dead pixels, but I don't think they work. I'd be very careful with those apps as well, since many of them probably have adware or possibly worse. If you do want to try one, make sure it asks for minimal permissions necessary to do its job -- i.e., an app like that wouldn't need access to your files, contacts, phone calls, etc.

BarbarianCBX

Mar 16, 2017
Visit site
Thanks all. You confirmed what I thought. Like I said, it's extremely small so it doesn't hurt anything. It's just that I know where it is so I catch myself looking for it. LOL

Thanks again, Mark

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174