Smart Lock issue/question

EODK9Trainer

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Noticed in the vehicle the last few days the phone will not stay unlocked even though it's been set as a Trusted Location, or whatever it was called. My on-body detection is working and showing as well as Trusted Places. Any idea what's happened to where I used to keep it unlocked in my truck?

EODK9Trainer

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
I've even been having trouble the last two or three days with Trusted Places. Home in particular. But at least Trusted Places shows on the phone.

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Trusted places has always been buggy. It usually works more often than not, but it's never been reliable. I don't know about trusted devices since I've rarely enabled it.

Reactions: B. Diddy

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
This is my issue: Why, or How does Google, or anyone else have such control over MY PHONE that I OWN fully outright? I don't want to hear all the blah, blah, blah about "free" Android apps/features because NOTHING....NOTHING is free! We pay with our personal data EVERY day we use these "free" apps/features! However, does this give "them" (put whomever you want here) the right to actually reach into MY PHONE and add or remove ANYTHING without my express permission????
This is what I do not accept! Maybe it IS time to look at de-googling myself!

Cuda13

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Hello all, the last few weeks Smart Lock (or not so smart) has been acting up when I plug in to charge. As soon as I plug in the phone the screen wakes up and shows the charging ring/percentage of charge left and then the screen goes dark and then it lights up again with the opened by Smart Lock message again. It seems to be trapped in this loop. One of the downsides is that the phone won't charge while this is happening. Sometimes rebooting the phone will make it stop for awhile and sometimes not. I removed trusted places for now but still no joy. Anyone else have this issue? Thanks......S23U

DLewis13

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Trusted places has always been buggy. It usually works more often than not, but it's never been reliable. I don't know about trusted devices since I've rarely enabled it.
Agree with this. Drives ne nuts. Always use Home as a Trusted Place.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
This is my issue: Why, or How does Google, or anyone else have such control over MY PHONE that I OWN fully outright? I don't want to hear all the blah, blah, blah about "free" Android apps/features because NOTHING....NOTHING is free! We pay with our personal data EVERY day we use these "free" apps/features! However, does this give "them" (put whomever you want here) the right to actually reach into MY PHONE and add or remove ANYTHING without my express permission????
This is what I do not accept! Maybe it IS time to look at de-googling myself!
Try apple if you hate control.