Lock Screen issues intermittently.

EODK9Trainer

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
I realize this is older thread and I posted on it but now I can no longer find it. Got my Ultra weeks back. Setting up the Lock Screen options was easy for the less than tech savvy old fart. Worked fine until this past week. I noticed it was locking at my home and in my truck on a regular basis even though I have them saved. When I go to Lock Screen and enter the code I may or may not get the screen I am supposed to see. I get the attached or I get what we are all supposed to see. No rhyme or reason on when this happens. Can be home or while I am out. I saw on the other thread that someone removed Outlook on their phone and it solved the issue (I think) but I do not have Outlook. If there is something technical you are going to suggest can I please ask that you dumb it down for me? But this attachment is missing all the options we should be seeing. On-Body Detection, Trusted Places and Trusted Devices.

Attachments

• Smart Lock.jpg
    Smart Lock.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 40

Edox

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I realize this is older thread and I posted on it but now I can no longer find it. Got my Ultra weeks back. Setting up the Lock Screen options was easy for the less than tech savvy old fart. Worked fine until this past week. I noticed it was locking at my home and in my truck on a regular basis even though I have them saved. When I go to Lock Screen and enter the code I may or may not get the screen I am supposed to see. I get the attached or I get what we are all supposed to see. No rhyme or reason on when this happens. Can be home or while I am out. I saw on the other thread that someone removed Outlook on their phone and it solved the issue (I think) but I do not have Outlook. If there is something technical you are going to suggest can I please ask that you dumb it down for me? But this attachment is missing all the options we should be seeing. On-Body Detection, Trusted Places and Trusted Devices.
Go to Settings >> Security and privacy >> Other security settings >> Trust agent and turn on "Smart Lock ( google )"... for some reason Samsung removed that option...12 April 2023 212206 CEST.jpg

kide#WN

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I see the same issue with Smart Lock. But I had the Smart Lock in Trust Agents already enabled. I tred to uninstall the Outlook. It didn't help. Restating the phone and toggling the Trust Agents option solves the issue for some time, but it comes back if the phone disconnects from the Smart Lock device (watch, car) and reconnects. Something is going on.

EODK9Trainer

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Go to Settings >> Security and privacy >> Other security settings >> Trust agent and turn on "Smart Lock ( google )"... for some reason Samsung removed that option...View attachment 352789
Mine is currently turned on but the Lock Screen is currently working here at home. At some point I'm sure it will quit working and I'll see if this is still turned on.

EODK9Trainer

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Just turn off/on "Smart Lock (google)" option and everything will be as it should ...
Worked for a while after doing this. Couple hours later it went back to that screen with the Lock options again disappearing. After a while it seems to be back working again. Samsung needs to fix this.

Reactions: Edox

Yrral3215

Apr 1, 2017
Visit site
Just turn off/on "Smart Lock (google)" option and everything will be as it should ...
That doesnt work for me all the time. Sometimes after it quits, when I go to settings the page is blank and there is nothing to toggle. Even if this worked all the time it would still be a pain. Mostly I have to re-start the phone - which is an even bigger pain.

Edox

May 8, 2012
Visit site
That doesnt work for me all the time. Sometimes after it quits, when I go to settings the page is blank and there is nothing to toggle. Even if this worked all the time it would still be a pain. Mostly I have to re-start the phone - which is an even bigger pain.
Yea,but in the end, that "Smart Lock"option works perfectly fine for me.....apparently Samsung did something wrong with the update that needs to be fixed...
Speaking of that ... ... https://www.sammyfans.com/2023/04/15/smart-lock-android-feature-samsung-phones/

Last edited:

gomezz

May 8, 2021
Visit site
I started having this problem and found a tip from another place to uninstall the update for Google Play Services. Did this and got the Smart Lock settings back though am having to re-add the various Bluetooth devices I use as an when.

EODK9Trainer

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site

Yrral3215

Apr 1, 2017
Visit site
Yea,but in the end, that "Smart Lock"option works perfectly fine for me.....apparently Samsung did something wrong with the update that needs to be fixed...
Speaking of that ...
emoji6.png
... https://www.sammyfans.com/2023/04/15/smart-lock-android-feature-samsung-phones/

Sounds like it will get fixed in the background by next week some time? Im not clear if thats true or we still need to do something like reboot after next week?

EODK9Trainer

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Speaking of that ...
emoji6.png
... https://www.sammyfans.com/2023/04/15/smart-lock-android-feature-samsung-phones/

Sounds like it will get fixed in the background by next week some time? Im not clear if thats true or we still need to do something like reboot after next week?
I hope they hurry the heck up. I bet I've had to unlock this thing 10 times today and I've not left my home.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Summer_glow