So frustrated with my Zen watch do and iPhone

Sandra Mort

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I will try and make this brief so nobody needs to suffer through my ranting. I had an android phone, Zenwatch two, and a Linux box. Everything was fine and I used my watch all the time.

Fast forward a few months or a year and I ended up in the situation where I needed to switch to an iPhone. I was not happy, but I did it anyway. Then my computer died, leaving me with only my phone and watch.

So now I have my watch upgraded to android two. Zero and I have my horrible iPhone 7 Plus, but I can’t figure out how to make them work together. I have the android app installed on the phone and I have the play app on the watch, but almost none of the apps that I need are available where I can find them, if at all, and phone call call us aren’t ringing through, so I can’t answer on my watch, and I can’t get Google Keep or several other important apps at all, and I’m just ripping out my hair with frustration.

Before anybody asks, I have considered getting rid of the iPhone and would consider that my first choice option, however my husband is very reluctant for me to do that because the pins in signed the phone where the USB cord charges always break, and that is our biggest problem keeping phones functioning in our house, so the lightning cord has been one less thing to worry about. If there is a workaround for that, it would be useful information. My husband’s suggestion was to upgrade to the newer iPhone but I think he has rocks in his head.

I am also 100 percent unwilling to purchase an Apple Watch, even though they’re compatible, because I hate hate hate hate hate hate hate iOS.

Any and all suggestions appreciated. Other than using a sledgehammer, that is. Though, that does seem tempting. Why anybody pays extra for these god awful pieces of garbage I have no clue.

Thanks!!!!!

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Well you could consider Samsungs or LGs flagships and use the wireless chargers if the only problem is charging cables. I am not sure about LG but Samsungs can transfer files to computers without cables using the proper Samsung software as well.

If you find those brands are too expensive, there are Motorola devices compatible with a wireless charger mod, so you can look into those.

Another option is going for an Apple watch.

anon(9602380)

Jan 7, 2016
Visit site
I will suggest the same options for the phone route as @chanchan05 has noted. Another way is to go with a Garmin watch if you stay with the iPhone. I own a Garmin watch and it works great with all my iPhones. The apps that come with the Garmins are amazing. They are literally hundreds of apps available. And as I said the watch is super compatible with iPhones. It worked with my 7 Plus, 8 Plus and my iPhone X.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caldul1234