software uprade not coming till may

zxphenomenalxz

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Bad news people.. i just checked intetnal verizon forums im a vz rep and it was just posted today that the software update will not come out until early may.

Pretty ridiculous how long this is taking.

No i will not post pictures either since im at work and co workers all around look at my other posts and you will know im legit with my info..

Reactions: axne1 and Ytaay

LBTRS

May 1, 2010
Visit site
The news is disappointing, this phone has had the slowest update schedule of any smartphone I've owned over the last 4 years. I think I'm going to give up on my GN all together and sell it and stick to the RAZR MAXX which is working perfectly. I so much wanted to end up liking the GN.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Oh thank god I was just thinking there needed to be another thread for people to whine about updates in...

To stop from being a complete troll... Everyone upset could take one evening to learn up on unlocking and rooting, and could be running 4.0.4 with upgraded radios within an hour... just sayin.

vlkers7171

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
The news is disappointing, this phone has had the slowest update schedule of any smartphone I've owned over the last 4 years. I think I'm going to give up on my GN all together and sell it and stick to the RAZR MAXX which is working perfectly. I so much wanted to end up liking the GN.

If you think this is slow...just wait, the motorola updates are slow as hell. Not as bad as some companies, but not fast by any means.

menelfloss

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Since many of our phones are not working (microphone cut out during phone calls) this update is perhaps less patiently awaited since we have all been told this update will fix our phones:-[. Luckily I still have a landline:Dand simply call people back using that instead of being disconnected constantly.

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Oh thank god I was just thinking there needed to be another thread for people to whine about updates in...

To stop from being a complete troll... Everyone upset could take one evening to learn up on unlocking and rooting, and could be running 4.0.4 with upgraded radios within an hour... just sayin.

Too bad 4.0.4 doesn't fix the problems. Just sayin.

menelfloss

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Just got off the phone with a Level 2 Support person. She called Samsung for me today and called me back with a reply that a software update has begun to be released today that will fix the mic drop issue. She mentioned that the release will be pushed in stages so all phones do not get it at the same time.
I can't imagine that you would release software on a Friday before a holiday,... but what the heck.
We will see.
Ears crossed...

samkatz

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
As long as i have a known date i won't obsess so any date is better than no announcement. Btw i have minor issues like most of us.if my phone was constantly don't calls or randomly rebooting i would have returned it.

zxphenomenalxz

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Just got off the phone with a Level 2 Support person. She called Samsung for me today and called me back with a reply that a software update has begun to be released today that will fix the mic drop issue. She mentioned that the release will be pushed in stages so all phones do not get it at the same time.
I can't imagine that you would release software on a Friday before a holiday,... but what the heck.
We will see.
Ears crossed...

I find this highy unlikely given the information i have at work in my.systems

LBTRS

May 1, 2010
Visit site
If you think this is slow...just wait, the motorola updates are slow as hell. Not as bad as some companies, but not fast by any means.

That is not correct, both my Motorola Bionic and my RAZR MAXX had updates long before my Galaxy Nexus will have its first. And don't tell me about 4.0.2 which was an update before the phone was even released to save Samsung/Google/Verizon the time and money of doing it themselves before they could sell the phone. 4.0.2 was not a post release update. All Smartphones have many pre-release updates (normally completed by the manufacture and not forced upon the consumer to accomplish prior to being able to use the phone) that we don't count as "updates" post release.

Last edited:

yosteve

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
just my 2 cents :)

Took my thunderbolt almost 8 months after 2.3 was released before I officially got it :(
thats pretty sad

ics was promised in writing to the razr's for "early 2012“. it would be vzw's first official late snafoo if they don't get it before the middle of the year, where no one could use the excuse, they never had an official release date so it's not late, bs argument

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
That is not correct, both my Motorola Bionic and my RAZR MAXX had updates long before my Galaxy Nexus will have its first.

If you're so confident in Motorola's update schedule, then let's see which phone gets Jelly Bean first: the RAZR MAXX or the Galaxy Nexus.

fillossofer

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
4.0.4 didn't fix my signal dropping issues either, so I'm hopeful there's a 4.0.5 on the way.

I have to add that having an LTE device drop the connection with such regularity - and to not have an update for six months, is unacceptable. The "normal" upgrade schedule is once every two years, so we've been stuck with buggy devices for 1/4 of that time (so far).

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site

One way to stop being a complete troll is to not try to beat complainers to the punch by complaining about them before they get the chance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J0SH