Solution for Moto 360/Google Play Services problem

Johnny Martinez

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I was having the same problem, and it took me a while to figure out how to fix it.
What I did was:
1. I unpaired my Moto 360 (in the Bluetooth settings) from my phone.
2. Uninstalled the latest Android Wear app (From Play Store) from my phone. (First clear cache and clear data)
3. Factory restore your Moto 360. Once completed just leave it on the "Install Android Wear screen" for now.
4. Download and install an OLD VERSION of Android Wear. I used Android Wear Version 1.1.1.1867902 (701867902) Just Google "old version of android wear." I used a link to a website called apkmirror.
5. Once the old version of Android Wear is installed go through the new watch setup process. Once that's done the system update will download and install the latest Android Wear OS on your Moto 360.

After days of tinkering...this is what finally worked for me. hope this helps.

Doom878

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
So I should download newest Watch software on my watch after pairing with older Android Wear APK? Then when the watch is updated, I can update to newest Android Wear version through Play Store?

Sep 24, 2015
Visit site
Wow, thanks Johnny! I spent four hours last night, clearing caches, downloading and uninstalling applications, resetting my watch, even went to an older APK, but not an old enough one I believe. The trick is definitely a 1.1 APK.

My question is now that my watch is all updated (thank God), can I update my application without going through all this trouble again? Just wanted to bump the topic to put in my two cents as well as ask about updating Android Wear now!

tcmeiss

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I was having the same problem, and it took me a while to figure out how to fix it.
What I did was:
2. Uninstalled the latest Android Wear app (From Play Store) from my phone. (First clear cache and clear data)
3. Factory restore your Moto 360. Once completed just leave it on the "Install Android Wear screen" for now.
4. Download and install an OLD VERSION of Android Wear. I used Android Wear Version 1.1.1.1867902 (701867902) Just Google "old version of android wear." I used a link to a website called apkmirror.
5. Once the old version of Android Wear is installed go through the new watch setup process. Once that's done the system update will download and install the latest Android Wear OS on your Moto 360.

THANK YOU!!

The power button died on my original 360, so I ordered a replacement from Google (of course my warranty had just run out). Spent several hours fighting with it till I found this post.

rolliesandoval

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
What I did was:

I Effing Love you !!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Making this a sticky for easy access. The only caution is that sites where you can find apk files are not well-regulated, so there may be a higher chance of malware.

Sep 24, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for making this a sticky mods! Hopefully this will save a lot of people the trouble I experienced when setting up my AWESOME Moto 360!

Also, just wanted to inform people about another thing I came across. After you do get your watch working, make sure to sync the apps on it, that way you will receive Keeps and a couple others!

Last edited:

Ellett

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
Regressing the Android Wear software on the phone has helped several people, but as has been mentioned any software acquired outside of the Play Store is at risk of being infected. apkmirror.com is generally considered to be a reputable source for apks and I would suggest using that site if you decide to downgrade.

DanFromPA

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
This is exactly right. I have additional advice

1. Current Android Wear, as indicated, won't communicate with older versions of the watch software.

2. For some reason, new watch software wasn't automatically downloaded and installed. I had to do it manually.

3. Previous attempts to download had failed, because I wasn't patient enough. It can take hours, even when your phone has a high bandwidth connection.

4. So follow the instructions given to install the old phone software, and then go to settings/about/update on the watch if necessary, confirm the update, and then WAIT! You'll later be asked to install the download -- takes minutes and 10's of % of battery. Only after you have 5.1 or higher on the watch should you reinstall the latest Android Wear.

CaptainOne

May 30, 2012
Visit site
Thank you so much for this thread. I just bought the Moto 360 on sale and through I was going to have to return it. After following the steps above, it works perfectly now. Thanks again.

kellvin18

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site
Hi

I had the same problem before.. the things is that when i first start the Moto 360 was with a lower version and when I tried to update the watch.. it just disconnected...

The solution was download a early version of Google wear and then let the Moto 360 make the update after that I updated the app and everything is working well right now.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe