Some Google contacts not showing up on nexus 7, do show on nexus 4 phone!

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I have some Google contacts that show up on my nexus 4 phone in the "people" app but are not showing on the nexus 7! I tried clearing data in both people app and storage app and restarting but nothing makes it show up! I also tried turning synch on and off and changing what contacts are synched and still it won't show! what can I do?

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Are you sure the extra contacts on your phone aren't stored locally, or aren't syncing from other lists (Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.) that aren't synced on your N7?

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I have some Google contacts that show up on my nexus 4 phone in the "people" app but are not showing on the nexus 7! I tried clearing data in both people app and storage app and restarting but nothing makes it show up! I also tried turning synch on and off and changing what contacts are synched and still it won't show! what can I do?

Double check on Nexus 4 contacts that are not showing up. They may be saved locally on the phone itself. If you look at the attached screen shot near the name it says Phone. That is a click list that allows me/you to choose where to store the contact. Choices could be Phone, Google Account, a different Google Account if it is on your phone. I have also come across the SIM card as choice.

Let us know what you find out.

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Double check on Nexus 4 contacts that are not showing up. They may be saved locally on the phone itself. If you look at the attached screen shot near the name it says Phone. That is a click list that allows me/you to choose where to store the contact. Choices could be Phone, Google Account, a different Google Account if it is on your phone. I have also come across the SIM card as choice.

Let us know what you find out.

when I open the contact to edit it, it says "Google contact" and had my Google account

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roth4796